The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

Just now, villalad21 said:

Lange should probably leave too.

The signings haven't worked and he takes a big part of the blame in the position we find ourselves in.

Did Lange make Dean plays Ings and Buendia out of position and foolishly stick to 5-3-2?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seen Ten Hag lined up apparently , on Facebook.

Take.it with the whole Salt Bae.

If that happened I would drive over to VP right now and offer him my wife. 

Never in a million years is Ten Hag coming to the Villa.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If those are the two actual choices then Hassenhuttl is the clear choice imo 

Hassenhuttl has experience of Leipzig and Southampton. His style of play fits with our squad. We play a counter pressing game and we have the players for his 4 2 2 2 system. McGinn and Luiz can try get back to their roles from last season as defensive midfielders, or we can even have Sanson and Luiz in there. His attacking midfield 2 play narrow so we could play Ramsey on left side and Buendia on right side, With Bailey Watkins and Ings for the forward positions.

Southampton haven't invested in their squad in an era when most of the League has been investing. So he's done a good job there, with that terrible run last season the only real blip.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Can someone please either post Gerrard's win % or tell me his team's play pretty football so I can be won over by him.

Whatever the stats show, Gerrard is and always has been a <really disgustingly obscene word removed> and I'd rather have Boris Johnson in charge !!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Gerrard may well turn out to be a good manager but I’m not hanging my hat on what a manager does in in the SPL. Gordon Strachan looked competent in that league. It seems like a huge throw of the dice to give him a relegation scrap.

Let’s not kid ourselves, the mission statement to whoever we hire will be simply “avoid relegation” as it should be.

Your joking, we still want European football this season.😜

Outside of Villa fans many of whom seem to be biased by their hatred of anything connected with Liverpool, Gerrard seems to be very highly rated as a manger. I think there might also be an element of people lumping him in with the likes of Arteta, Solskjær and so on, just because like them he used to be a famous footballer at a big club.

Edited by useless

Just now, useless said:

Outside of Villa fans many of whom seem to be biased by their hatred of anything connected with Liverpool, Gerrard seems to be very highly rated as a manger. I think their might be an element of people lumping him in with the likes of Arteta, Solskjær and so on, just because like them he used to be a famous footballer at a big club.

No I just think he's a prick

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Lange should probably leave too.

The signings haven't worked and he takes a big part of the blame in the position we find ourselves in.

That's a bit premature. Of the summer signings Bailey has started 2 games, due to injuries, Buendia 7 games due to injuries/match fitness/international issues and Ings 9 games. Give them chance.
Edited by markavfc40

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm not sure it's worth explaining that to him, he has made his mind up and going to say it 3 times every page it looks like.

Fair enough. We all wanted DS desperately to succeed but ultimately think the right decision for all parties was made today.

I just want someone who can coach us a bit better as our style of play has been complete s*** since Man. United game so in that aspect it's a pretty low base to build up again.

I think there's logic in Hasenhuttl given Ings looked much better for Southampton than us and obviously we've spent 30m on him so need him to work. Think someone like Bailey would look really good under him as he's got good spells of form from likes of Walcott and Nathan Redmond at Saints and very logical if Ward Prowse remains a long term target.

We could do better, we could do worse. Like most of the names that are being floated around currently. Just crossing our fingers and doing nothing wasn't an option for me though so with regret DS going is correct decision.

I look forward to what happens in next 5 days. Would be amazed if we get to end of the week and there isn't a new manager in place.

• Like 1