The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Forget the talk - it will 100% be Steven Gerrard as Avfc rigo and Trent will confirm I sent them a pm Saturday morning at 7am  .I believe villa didn’t plan to release statement until tonight but Glasgow press got hold of story

If thats true, then that would mean Gary McAllister back here as well. 😂 😭

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I like the idea of Stevie G. I just hope he doesn't act like Houllier when we go to Anfield. 

Fits the profile.

Young, talented up and coming coach.

Problem is he will always have an eye on that Liverpool job so if he does well he's here at a borrowed time.

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

If it was Potter, I don't see Brighton letting him go until after we play them...  They have no reason to.  We would have appointed someone to be a caretaker manager until then, which leads me to believe it's someone else who will be announced on Monday or Tuesday.  

If they are going to let him go they will do so at the earliest opportunity. They won't want a manager that knows he is about to leave or pissed off that Brighton are dicking around with negotiations. On a positive, if we were getting him and they kept him for the game against they may not be at their best

2 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

I can now see this Fonseca thing having legs. No smoke without fire 'n' all that. 

Interesting how air tight the club is currently, though. Our media team managed to put together a whole montage and Smith's exit still wasn't leaked at all. 

Fonseca turned down Newcastle, the new richest club in the world. If Villa had gotten to him with an offer prior to that, it must have been some sell to persuade him to wait a while. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I just hope he doesn't act like Houllier when we go to Anfield. 

I couldn't watch our manager stopping just short of tossing themself off when they approach the Anfeld sign again

vomit GIF - vomit GIFs | Say more with Tenor

Gerrard may well turn out to be a good manager but I’m not hanging my hat on what a manager does in in the SPL. Gordon Strachan looked competent in that league. It seems like a huge throw of the dice to give him a relegation scrap.

Let’s not kid ourselves, the mission statement to whoever we hire will be simply “avoid relegation” as it should be.