The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

Just now, markavfc40 said:

I think I'd take Nuno. Two 7th place finishes with Wolves was some going when you consider who they finished above. Disappointing season last season though and then not given a chance at Spurs and sacked after 11 league games. He is still only young in managerial terms at 47 and I'd imagine still very ambitious and now also desperate to show Spurs they have made a mistake with that disrespectful sacking.

When managing Wolves he lived in Four Oaks as well so knows the area. 

He had access to players way beyond Wolves natural level. He's failed twce in this league? Why take the chance?

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think I'd take Nuno. Two 7th place finishes with Wolves was some going when you consider who they finished above. Disappointing season last season though and then not given a chance at Spurs and sacked after 11 league games. He is still only young in managerial terms at 47 and I'd imagine still very ambitious and now also desperate to show Spurs they have made a mistake with that disrespectful sacking.

When managing Wolves he lived in Four Oaks as well so knows the area. 

Boring football though. He's a Peri peri pulis

• Haha 1

If anyone is expecting us to get a manager that has a better pedigree than Smith has they'll be sorely surprised.

We're not getting a top manager. Pretty much any manager that we could attract we'll have some serious doubts surrounding them. Best not be too picky is my advice.

• Like 4

Favre is probably the only name I've seen mentioned that wouldn't have me wary in some capacity, and even then he's only getting mentioned by folk like me who are living in hope rather than it being some kind of credible link.

Just have a feeling it'll be Gerrard which would have me skeptical at best. Of the names floated in the last few hours I think I'd have Hasenhüttl as the best of an unconvincing bunch.

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

But the appointment of a manager is not about appeasing the fanbase. It is and rightly so, about getting the right man for the job. If Purslow gets the right man in then the fanbase will very quickly get behind him

no but it helps if they're on side from the get go and the fans will give the manager more time during dodgy spells.

do you not remember mcleish? the atmosphere was evil from very early stage...extreme example, but goes to show you do need to think about the general feeling amongst the fanbase

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ve never had a phobia…never been scared of heights, ghosts, speed or anything like that but I’m starting to get a little scared of this thread and names being mentioned 😩

Maybe Tammy Abraham would fancy a player/manager role?

• Haha 1

Just now, nick76 said:

I just have a bad feeling it won’t be…

I hope I’m wrong.

same....if there was a standout, obvious candidate i'd be ok with it. it's going to be either gerrard or potter IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If anyone is expecting us to get a manager that has a better pedigree than Smith has they'll be sorely surprised.

We're not getting a top manager. Pretty much any manager that we could attract we'll have some serious doubts surrounding them. Best not be too picky is my advice.

No disrespect, but Nuno has a better pedigree than Smith, so it won't be that hard. beginning to thing Terry did too!

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Nuno makes a lot of sense to me, didn't really fail at Wolves or Spurs, has recent premier league experience, showed last season that he could keep a struggling team in the league, and has also shown that he can get a non top six club into Europe. I woudn't particulary want him, but could see the logic.

Nuno is the Portuguese version of Steve Bruce