Pre-match Thread

Herman22

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Buendia playing 10 so not much different from free role at Norwich

I think he's capable of playing as a ten with a really solid pairing behind him - we don't have that - the weaknesses of the midfielders are counter complimentary.

McGinn isn't great as a holding midfielder, when he's there we miss the other things he can do, but if he loses the positional discipline, then it leaves more work for Nakamba to do and he gets overloaded and it means that Buendia has to do lots more of the midfield work in the trenches rather than as a playmaking ten. They end up all trying to do what they're not good at.

22 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I assume that's Buendia in midfield and a front 3 of AEG, Watkins and Bailey. 

Thinking now it might be a diamond in midfield. 

That's a diamond up front isn't it?

------------------Buendia----------------

Bailey-------------------------------AEG

------------------Watkins----------------

Where's the midfield diamond?

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

That's a diamond up front isn't it?

------------------Buendia----------------

Bailey-------------------------------AEG

------------------Watkins----------------

Where's the midfield diamond?

Could be 4 4 2 with Buendia and AEG on wings with Bailey and Watkins up top! We need to see 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Played there for most of last season with Luiz. He's better as an 8 but he can do a job as a 6 

Not digging at you as you maybe right, but Dean usually seems to prefer McGinn to go forward with Luiz deeper.

What he ends up with is occasional attacking cameos and gone missing for most of the game other than giving the ball away and that is with Luiz. With Nakamba it's like keystone cops in the middle.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

Important game all around. Not just for Dean but for us as a whole with how tight the table is. I think we can win, but then I always think we can get a result. Regardless,I just hope we come out and actually look like professional footballers and not like the last kids to be chosen at a local pick up game.

• Like 2

Not too confident in that midfield. It seems kind of obvious to me where our problem is. Luiz and Sanson being available would help. I’m not sure even that would be sufficient to get us where we want, but it would have made me feel a lot better about tonight’s match. 

• Like 2

They've gone 4-4-2 - so it's a direct McGinn and Nakamba versus Ward-Prowse and Romeo.

That's probably better for us than a three in there - Nakamba and McGinn are both more comfortable when they've just got to battle against a single opponent.

29 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Can’t face the the match thread tonight guys, so utv and I’ll see you afterward.

I'll stay out til we are 2-0 up.

So...see you after the international break ;)