Match Thread: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Formation worked last week , this week Spuds have done their homework and it’s not effective … that’s where Smith earns his money but how he adapts second half 

and those long throws are starting to annoy me now , we aren’t Stoke 

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I think the only argument for why they aren’t starting is possibly still injury concern? Plus when Buendia has started he’s looked fairly lackluster so for now having him come in as our “super sub” doesn’t seem like that bad of an idea.

So aside from them being injured and not playing all that well when they do start, they should start?

We probably agree :D 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

It was a poor half, but it happens. If we respond after HT we can still get a positive result. Another half like that though would be really worrying.

Yeah I’m curious to see what changes come in the second half. I’m holding on to hope that we will be much improved lol.

Spurs getting the break of the ball. We knew there'd be a reaction. First time this season they've looked like they care. They lack character though so suspect they'll fade. We're full of character so expect improvement. 

Tough decision on who to sub... ollie lacking composure, but he stretches the game - would be concerned we'd lack his hold up capability if subbed. Need to see buendia by 60th min.

7 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

With this formation you need a midfielder pushing on, I don't know if that is meant to be Mcginn or Ramsey. You also need big input from the wing backs, as good as Cash and Targett are, they are full backs at heart. 

Cash was a winger so the transfer to wing back shouldn’t be that difficult 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As bad as we’ve been at times, I think we’re unfortunate to be losing. They’re just as bad. 

If we can equalise, we’ll go on to win it. 

Yeah main reason I wanna throw on a couple of attackers. Spurs look very average. Their for the taking. 

We need to give Buendia a run of games to play himself into form and to add that much needed creativity, not a fan of playing with 5 defenders personally. Maybe the right move against the  ore dominant teams but the Watkins & Ings partnership isn’t working, we need to be better on the ball and improve our passing. Not rely on set pieces and long throws.

Our best players have been on the bench or injured… need to get them involved asap.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Surprised there’s so much negativity in here. We’ve been playing ok just need to sharpen up in the final third. 

I'm surprised we're bothering going out for the second half, reading some of the comments on here.