Match Thread: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Watkins wants 6 touches when he needs max 2. Looks very low on confidence. 

Was about to say, their are a couple of things which have happened with him where he's lost it.

An inform Ollie takes the touch and squares or shoots.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Lol what? Is this a troll?

He’s far misplaced a free header for a throw, passed the ball out of play, hoofing the ball when he had an easy pass to Targett. 

said for ages now he’s not at the same level as Konsa imo

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

As proven. He's pretty poor with the ball at his feet and he's not a great finisher. He's pressing ability negates those things but currently this season he's been poor in that regard as well. 

I like the bloke a lot but it's hardly a wild accusation to say he's not a great footballer. 

Firstly, your opinion on things does not make it "proven", neither does a few performances at the start of this season. 

Secondly, he was absolutely fantastic with the ball at his feet last season, whether it be holding up or runs for goals like the first again Liverpool. 

He clearly hasn't taken to playing in a 2 up top. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Have Ings and Watkins linked up once yet in the matches theyve played together? 

I think I've seen one pass from Ings to Watkins in one of the games. Could be wrong though.

Is Watkins intimidated by Ings presence or sulking because he has competition up front ? (Or knackered because the baby keeps him awake at night?) Whatever he isn’t the player he was last season.

• Like 2