Jump to content

January Transfer Window - 2022


MaVilla
 Share

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Wouldn’t touch him.

Will be 29 next month, has never seemed bothered about playing or his career. He turned it on at West Ham in the hope of getting another deal at United where he has a very nice life and rejected the chance to stay.

We would be mad to sign him. Why would he suddenly care about his career when he has gone so long seemingly not being bothered?

Yeah but mate, Lingard needs his final fat pay day to fund his top of the line JLingz perfumes and clothes, it could be argued that signing him on 180k a week to allow him to really develop the JLingz brand, his JLingz clothing etc, isnt that almost a human right and a boon to the poor masses?, dont we all want some JLingz in our lives?

I think funding JLingz might be considered a social good and a benefit for wider humanity.

Footbal isnt everything, sometimes we just need to try and give something back, you will feel better for it, warm and tingly inside, i promise.

image.png.daf404349f64bc91875d9229bee1a672.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
3 minutes ago, allani said:

To continue the mutual "love in" I couldn't agree more.  I think that having Bailey, Buendia, Bertie and (possibly / controversially Ollie) as "wide" attackers supporting a more central striker provides a really challenge to opposition defenders.  See off Bailey and on come Bertie to try something different.  Half the time I am not sure Bertie knows what he is about to do so the defender has no chance.  The challenge is that the rest of the team need to be able to control the games well enough so that these flair players get the chance to do the unexpected whilst also realising that they need to contribute in other ways too.  There's no room for passengers.  But there is room for that guy who can turn a match with one piece of genius.

To be frank....when you look at them names, Bailey, Buendia, Traore, Watkins, Ings, not to mention good back up in Trez and Ghazi......It brings it home, that we have some fabulous talent on board....we just need to be galvanised in to a team.

We need to get the team balance right, and them firing at their best.....I honestly, believe, we could emulate what West Ham have done, with some focused adjustments and corrective work.

I think we have the coaching staff and players to do it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TRO said:

To be frank....when you look at them names, Bailey, Buendia, Traore, Watkins, Ings, not to mention good back up in Trez and Ghazi......It brings it home, that we have some fabulous talent on board....we just need A MIDFIELD.

We need to get the team balance right, and them firing at their best.....I honestly, believe, we could emulate what West Ham have done, with some focused adjustments and corrective work.

I think we have the coaching staff and players to do it.

FTFY friendo.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
11 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Eh, he was subbed in or subbed out in a lot of those games. He scored  1 goal every 3.7 full games last season which is pretty good.

My research says 8 goals in 38 games which is 4.75:1.....but hey ho.

You make a good point about the subs in and out, but that is the main point, if he was doing more of the game time work, like Jack did.....it would be even better.

we need more from a player, than being subbed in and out most games.

but yes it is a good return, under the circumstances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A couple of thoughts pertinent to the transfer window from the Brighton game .... We lack a Bissouma type CM, he looked exceptional at times. I know he's under criminal investigation, but a huge offer would secure a big missing piece of our first team jigsaw. (if things turn out all right for him legally of course) .... Targett looked quicker! Did anyone else notice his burst on the overlap in the final third where he easily ran past a defender? Can he add a meter or two by loosing a few kilos? It would save us some money in the transfer market.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:


Fickle fans will want him out. No questions about it. 

Top coach’s will want to work with him and improve his game.

You think Klopp wanted to work with Benteke and improve him? 

No. 

We'll see who will stay and who will go. 

Not all these players will fit into Gerrard's system. Targett and Traore I'm not sure will survive. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

A couple of thoughts pertinent to the transfer window from the Brighton game .... We lack a Bissouma type CM, he looked exceptional at times. I know he's under criminal investigation, but a huge offer would secure a big missing piece of our first team jigsaw. (if things turn out all right for him legally of course) .... Targett looked quicker! Did anyone else notice his burst on the overlap in the final third where he easily ran past a defender? Can he add a meter or two by loosing a few kilos? It would save us some money in the transfer market.

It would be classic villa to pay 50m for bissouma in january and then in march he gets sentenced to 25yrs in broadmoor....lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
39 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah but mate, Lingard needs his final fat pay day to fund his top of the line JLingz perfumes and clothes, it could be argued that signing him on 180k a week to allow him to really develop the JLingz brand, his JLingz clothing etc, isnt that almost a human right and a boon to the poor masses?, dont we all want some JLingz in our lives?

I think funding JLingz might be considered a social good and a benefit for wider humanity.

Footbal isnt everything, sometimes we just need to try and give something back, you will feel better for it, warm and tingly inside, i promise.

image.png.daf404349f64bc91875d9229bee1a672.png

You are right, 5 year deal on £100k a week should keep him going. Get it done.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

A couple of thoughts pertinent to the transfer window from the Brighton game .... We lack a Bissouma type CM, he looked exceptional at times. I know he's under criminal investigation, but a huge offer would secure a big missing piece of our first team jigsaw. (if things turn out all right for him legally of course) .

Perhaps we could loan him from E Wing until the end of the season? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

You think Klopp wanted to work with Benteke and improve him? 

No. 

We'll see who will stay and who will go. 

Not all these players will fit into Gerrard's system. Targett and Traore I'm not sure will survive. 

Klopp doesn’t even play with an out and out striker, you simply have the dagger in for Traore and won’t see it any other way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TRO said:

To be frank....when you look at them names, Bailey, Buendia, Traore, Watkins, Ings, not to mention good back up in Trez and Ghazi......It brings it home, that we have some fabulous talent on board....we just need to be galvanised in to a team.

We need to get the team balance right, and them firing at their best.....I honestly, believe, we could emulate what West Ham have done, with some focused adjustments and corrective work.

I think we have the coaching staff and players to do it.

Problem being only one of those plays on the left wing. Some of the rest are capable of it, but we are woefully unbalanced in our forward offerings, and was (imo) a big part of the reason why Smith never worked out his best team (injuries being the other factor).

This cannot really be fixed without a new body coming in.

Edit: and probably one or two leaving. 

Further edit: Lingard? F%$# NO

Edited by MrBlack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Problem being only one of those plays on the left wing. Some of the rest are capable of it, but we are woefully unbalanced in our forward offerings, and was (imo) a big part of the reason why Smith never worked out his best team (injuries being the other factor).

This cannot really be fixed without a new body coming in.

Edit: and probably one or two leaving. 

Further edit: Lingard? F%$# NO

Yup what I was thinking. Only one left winger, who is average. 4 right wingers, 2 have to go realistically. Plus I'd sell El-Ghazi and bring in 2 left wingers. More likely is one right winger gets sold (probably Traore) and one left winger is brought in. May sell El-Ghazi also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Wouldn’t touch him.

Will be 29 next month, has never seemed bothered about playing or his career. He turned it on at West Ham in the hope of getting another deal at United where he has a very nice life and rejected the chance to stay.

We would be mad to sign him. Why would he suddenly care about his career when he has gone so long seemingly not being bothered?

Thanks Trent.

He did play well for West Ham last season, but I didn't think to consider his age.

So yeah, nah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Yup what I was thinking. Only one left winger, who is average. 4 right wingers, 2 have to go realistically. Plus I'd sell El-Ghazi and bring in 2 left wingers. More likely is one right winger gets sold (probably Traore) and one left winger is brought in. May sell El-Ghazi also.

We have to try and forget about thinking of these players as out and out wingers imo and start thinking about whether they could fit into what would appear to be Gerrard's preferred set up of narrower inverted wingers aka "2x #10's". Cutting into the middle of the park to either link up with central striker for one-two's or making runs into central positions beyond the central striker to receive and have a shot at goal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
Â