January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Was it definitely sexual assault? I would be very surprised that Brighton are still picking him if that’s the alleged offence 

Reports say so. I wasn't there obviously but most are reporting that it is. It is of course alleged and the investigation is ongoing. The more reputable outlets reported that a Brighton player was arrested for alleged sexual assault. The Sun/Marca and outlets of similar ilk named the player.

True or not, I wouldn't be looking to sign a player who is currently facing such allegations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Guilty before proven innocent?

This is one of the things I loathe about modern society.

Also, don't think there aren't women, who actually target footballers and celebrities, for a pay day and some notoriety.

I'm not assuming that he is guilty. However there is a very wide spectrum between guilty and innocent, but that discussion is definitely not for the transfer window thread.

The above post was in poor taste. Essentially I meant I wouldn't be looking to buy him with the current allegations (allegations which were deemed serious enough to be investigated) hanging around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seen someone post on FB that we are allegedly interested in Sosa from Stuttgart.

( Croatian LB )

Rather him than Borasic, younger and higher ceiling. Not sure how Much he’d cost though. Targett will hopefully find his consistency again but needs pushing . 

Can't profess to know a huge amount about Sosa but feels a weird fit because I know Stuttgart play this extremely specific style of play with a back 3 where their wing backs are essentially wingers. Like if you were to look at his stats it would appear he's immense going forward and comically bad defensively but that is largely due to their style of play/shape. Would be hugely different for him to then play in a back four but I suppose Gerrard does want much of the build up to go through his full backs...

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 1

What do we reckon will become of Guibert?

Would anyone take Lamptey as backup to Matteus Cateshka?

I reckon Lamptey could even possibly be deployed as a winger at times.

Only concern about his size though, and we already have a relatively tiny side.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What do we reckon will become of Guibert?

Would anyone take Lamptey as backup to Matteus Cateshka?

I reckon Lamptey could even possibly be deployed as a winger at times.

Only concern about his size though, and we already have a relatively tiny side.

Lamptey is pure class. I would take him in a heartbeat but I just don’t think we need him. Hopefully Guilbert can have a new lease of life under Gerrard as I do think there’s a player in there.

Assuming funds are limited and given the Jan transfer window is a nightmare, RB would be very very low down my list. Priority for me would be a central midfielder, LB and a centre back (in that order). I rate Targett but we just need competition there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Lamptey is pure class. I would take him in a heartbeat but I just don’t think we need him. Hopefully Guilbert can have a new lease of life under Gerrard as I do think there’s a player in there.

Assuming funds are limited and given the Jan transfer window is a nightmare, RB would be very very low down my list. Priority for me would be a central midfielder, LB and a centre back (in that order). I rate Targett but we just need competition there. 

I brought it up, as I saw a social media post, saying he is again having an excellent season at Strasbourg, and is pretty much in the top tier of almost every stat, in the top 5 Leagues in Europe!

Depends what Gerrard wants from the full backs. Seems he dosen't rate Targett going forward from those twitter posts.

I'd actually suggest someone like Tagliafico, been at Ajax a few years now and pretty steady although seen him loads for Argentina and he's not the best going forward but good defender and leader. Probably the sort Newcastle will target in January.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Pau Torres linked from Villareal, apparently SG is a fan, wouldn't be cheap. If this is an indication of the standard he is looking to bring in I'm happy.

Would be a statement signing

• Like 3

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Pau Torres linked from Villareal, apparently SG is a fan, wouldn't be cheap. If this is an indication of the standard he is looking to bring in I'm happy.

Would be amazing pick up.

Would take 50m + though. That is sort of statement signing that would get others sitting up and taking notice anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

In what world?! Holy shit there's not a hope in hell that will happen. 

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Would be a statement signing

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would be amazing pick up.

Would take 50m + though. That is sort of statement signing that would get others sitting up and taking notice anyway.

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

In what world?! Holy shit there's not a hope in hell that will happen. 

It's from sport witness, they've never got anything right and this is highly unlikely, therefore there is something to it and is probably happening. One of the things that will have impressed the board during SG's interview is his winning mentality, he will have explained that getting where we want to go needs top players, if he cannot improve existing players to a certain standard then we have to buy it. Maybe NWSE think it's time to get the gold card out and start spending some real money.

• Like 1