January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

26 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

A couple of years ago I'd have had Gomez as the best English centre half. Gone south a lot since then for some reason.

No surprise who is to blame for that. Scumbag Ben Mee

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No surprise who is to blame for that. Scumbag Ben Mee

How many careers has this bus rocket polisher actually ruined/derailed?

Guy should be confined to an institution for international word removed correction. 

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

How many careers has this bus rocket polisher actually ruined/derailed?

Guy should be confined to an institution for international word removed correction. 

Gomez one was about a year before and similar type of tackle. He tried it with somebody else last season who got lucky

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gomez one was about a year before and similar type of tackle. He tried it with somebody else last season who got lucky

There was a horror tackle on Bamford in August which could have ended very differently but as you say he got away with it. 

As unrealistic as it sounds, the links to Pau Torres are very exciting. Sadly I think he will end up at a Champions League team, but hopefully it's a sign of our ambition.

The thing we have on our side is that there must be some really good players out there that want to play for Gerrard. He was probably a bit of a hero to some of these players.

For me the priority in January is now a left back and a central midfielder.

I would say we now have the luxury of not having to bring in anyone if we can't find someone who fits. We don't need to rush into making a panic buy if they aren't the perfect player for the team.

As brutal as it is we now have to start upgrading the first team one piece at a time. Targett could do with some competition at left back, and we should be looking at buying a player better than him. Central midfield is then another area where we could do with a real quality defensive midfielder.

The tough part of the next few windows will be selling players; we need to start selling players for profit to become the sustainable football club our owners have talked about since buying the club.

6 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

For me the priority in January is now a left back and a central midfielder.

I would say we need competition for both fullback positions. 

Should anything happen to Cash we’d probably have to move Konsa out wide, which weakens us centrally and decreases our attacking options down the right. 

I guess Young could fill in at FB on both flanks but we are very light. 

Edited by av1

Just now, av1 said:

Should anything happen to Cash we’d probably have to move Konsa out wide, which weakens us centrally and decreases our attacking options down the right. 

I guess Young could fill in at RB on both flanks but we are very light. 

Yeh I agree with that; I would imagine that will be on the radar in the Summer though. I know many are hoping that Kesler could be the answer to that problem; and I imagine the club see that as a huge step in their academy to first team plan.

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

I guess Young could fill in at FB on both flanks but we are very light. 

As good a CB as he is  Konsa has looked bad at fullback. We need cover for both positions for sure.

Based on players previously linked or mentioned that would improve us, in an ideal world:

IN

• Julian Alvarez - £20m
  • Ibrahim Sangare - £25m
  • Wijndal - £25m

OUT

• Davis - £2m 
  • El Ghazi/Trezeguet - £10-15m
  • Sanson - £15m

Matchday 18:

Martinez

Cash Konsa Mings Wijndal

McGinn Sangare Luiz/Ramsey

Bailey Watkins Alvarez

Subs: Steer, Targett, Hause/Tuanzebe, A.Young, Nakamba, Ramsey/Luiz, Buendia, Traore, Ings

I quite like Sanson but it seems like something is up with him as he never he comes off the bench even yesterday when we were crying out for another ball carrier who could keep possession. AEG divides opinion and again I quite like him, but he would probably generate some funds and we've got quite a few wingers now. Much rather sell Trezeguet but I think he'd be harder to move on. 

This is obviously quite unrealistic for January, but where we need strengthening. My preference for DM would be Zakaria but I think he'll end somewhere like Manure.

We really need to tie down Luiz and Martinez to long term contracts too, otherwise Luiz needs to be moved on next summer so we get some money for him and we need to start thinking about Dibu's replacement in summer 2023 if he doesn't sign a new deal either. Not gonna be an easy replacement of course, so hopefully he signs a new deal.

From the Last two games, I’d love us to sign bassuma, lampty. Both significant upgrades on what we have in those areas. But doubt we would get either in a Jan window.

thought Gallagher looked class yesterday, but again not going to leave Chelsea in Jan.

I can’t really see much coming in apart from left back competition until we’ve trimmed some central mid fat. Too many similar players competing for 1 slot as McGinn and Luiz seem nailed on starters when fit. Sanson, Ramsey, Chuck, nakamba all looking for the third slot is prob a bit too much depth of similar level players. (If we ever get to see how good sanson is…he should be the third starter I would have thought…)  

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don’t think we need to be signing anyone to be honest. We should be bringing through the youth prospects, we have players across all positions potentially to try out, perhaps save for a genuine DM.

The kids we have are a year or two too young at the moment for making their mark on the prem. We also have a lack of talent at left back in the youth system. We have loads of centre mids though. 

Lindley 19

Raikhy 18

Ramsey 18

Iroegbunam 18

Chuk 18

Chrisene 17

Bogarde 17 plays DM equally good as cb

Jacob 20

I think even though we have this we do lack that one special midfielder in the short term. 

I think Luiz might go as he has shown no interest in signing a new contract. Maybe agent Elisha has been given a remit to settle him down here ! 

If we were to sell Luiz and end up with a replacement of the quality of Bissouma then i would be really happy. 

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Another one? What an absolute shithouse. I hope he gets a bad one. I know I shouldn't but **** him.

Ankle rather than knee I think but yeah exactly the same, won the ball absolutely smashed the man, don't think it was even a foul 

Now gomez is struggling to get back to starting for Liverpool, don't think he's as finished as Wes is but he's not getting no 2 CB up there again