January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wonder if we'll go for Hickey in the Summer? There has been quite a few links but I've not seen much of him.

We basically need the left back version of Mateusz Cash.

A left back with Polish heritage? 

5 hours ago, Steero113 said:

People are blinded currently by United's woeful form. 

Fact is that he's class and had an unbelievable season in 20/21. Still only 26 as well. 

18 months until the Euros he was very good but was poor and seems to gone back to his old ways 

Fat jibes are a bit stupid bit he definitely looks like he lost a lot of pace this season 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Spoony said:

Lamptey is pure class. I would take him in a heartbeat but I just don’t think we need him. Hopefully Guilbert can have a new lease of life under Gerrard as I do think there’s a player in there.

Assuming funds are limited and given the Jan transfer window is a nightmare, RB would be very very low down my list. Priority for me would be a central midfielder, LB and a centre back (in that order). I rate Targett but we just need competition there. 

Loving Cash at the minute and I think Kessler will be no. 2 to him next season.

As for left back, I thought Targett looked very good on Saturday in a four and with someone to play off in front of him. Back to last season's form. Anybody know how Seb Revan is progressing and whether he could be back up?

Priority for me is a DCM - swap Bissouma for Marv on Saturday and it would have been a cake walk!

The other thing I would love to see is El Ghazi going out and a replacement in - Damsgaard and Alvarez were the mooted replacements in the summer? JPB looks a player but I want to see him go out and play a full season in the championship.

That would do!

Edited by barry'sboots

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bissouma would be a dream but I just can’t see it and I don’t think we’d be able to drop the 50m they would want for him.

i know we won against Brighton, but watching the game back just confirmed for me how short we are of a first 11 that can retain the ball under pressure, we probably need to buy 4-5 key players over Jan and the summer, will be interesting to see who we go for, if we actually have aspirations to get top 8 (or above).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Rewatching Villa v Brighton, what a player Bissouma is, if only.

Bissouma, McGinn and Luiz would be some midfield, with good options behind them pushing for minutes. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh, I see.

Left or Right footer?

I'm still not sure CB is our top priority if i'm honest.

Get the feeling Hause will move on end of the season, no contract talks and he might want to go back to London as he'll certainly have interest (would be good pick up for Fulham). Who knows what future is for Axel now DS is no longer around.

Would leave us with just Mings, Kons and some kids so certainly need another CB and ideally one who can really push one of those two for starting spot. Joachim Andersen would've been ideal in the summer, playing really well for Palace.

Perhaps Joel Matip? Gets plenty of games for Liverpool but ultimately 3rd choice behind VVD and Gomez so he may be tempted although don't know if he signed for them before Gerrard left for Rangers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Get the feeling Hause will move on end of the season, no contract talks and he might want to go back to London as he'll certainly have interest (would be good pick up for Fulham). Who knows what future is for Axel now DS is no longer around.

Would leave us with just Mings, Kons and some kids so certainly need another CB and ideally one who can really push one of those two for starting spot. Joachim Andersen would've been ideal in the summer, playing really well for Palace.

Perhaps Joel Matip? Gets plenty of games for Liverpool but ultimately 3rd choice behind VVD and Gomez so he may be tempted although don't know if he signed for them before Gerrard left for Rangers.

On Hause, yes perhaps.

However, the Left sided CB they are talking about, is guaranteed starter pedigree ( Pau Torres ), which would mean Mings ultimately to the bench ( Can't see Ming's staying here to be a bench player, no matter how much he loves us ).

It's a tough one, because you want to improve the squad, but you don't want a step forward and backwards.

Although, I totally forgot Tuanzabe is on loan, so if we are moving Hause on, we would actually need 2 CBs.

The ideal CB would be some sort of 

Hause - Aeriel ability

Ming's - Leadership quality, size and presence

Konsas defensive intelligence and composure.

The better we get and the higher we finish though, the higher calibre of backup we can keep, and attract.

I still like the unpopular idea of reverting Ming's to LB, if we are to sign a world class CB. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

49 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

However, the Left sided CB they are talking about, is guaranteed starter pedigree ( Pau Torres ), which would mean Mings ultimately to the bench ( Can't see Ming's staying here to be a bench player, no matter how much he loves us ).

Or maybe we play Torres RCB and do what Spain were trying to do (left footer on the right side) and create some funky passing angles out from the back. Imagine the gasps from the fans then. I know we tried the two left footers before with Baker and Clark. I'd imagine the quality this time round would be a bit different.

I'd be wary of replacing Mings though. I feel we are still a bit light on leaders in the team.

Also this Torres thing is surely a pipe dream, no?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Priority for me is a DCM - swap Bissouma for Marv on Saturday and it would have been a cake walk!

No chance - Gerrard has just banned puddings from Bodymoor Heath. 

Gerrard to bring Tammy back to the Premier, just you watch 🤣

Do think we need that left back competition, also need another CB who's a tough gun. Midfield still has to be sorted I think and need a couple of new signings there. Up front I think we're fine as our frontal players just need to find that killer instinct.

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

18 months until the Euros he was very good but was poor and seems to gone back to his old ways 

Fat jibes are a bit stupid bit he definitely looks like he lost a lot of pace this season 

Haven't people always called Lampard " Fat Frank " as well, even as an elite athlete, at the time 🤔

25 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Gerrard to bring Tammy back to the Premier, just you watch 🤣

Do think we need that left back competition, also need another CB who's a tough gun. Midfield still has to be sorted I think and need a couple of new signings there. Up front I think we're fine as our frontal players just need to find that killer instinct.

A striker is the absolute last thing we need right now.

As desperate as some folk still are for Tammy. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On Hause, yes perhaps.

It's a tough one, because you want to improve the squad, but you don't want a step forward and backwards.

Although, I totally forgot Tuanzabe is on loan, so if we are moving Hause on, we would actually need 2 CBs.

Hause - Aeriel ability

The better we get and the higher we finish though, the higher calibre of backup we can keep, and attract.

I still like the unpopular idea of reverting Ming's to LB, if we are to sign a world class CB. Lol

If we got Pau Torres I could see Mings linking up with Eddie again. They are desperate for CBs and they will find it difficult to attract the really top guys. Mings could be a very expensive Jan signing for them which would help them and no doubt make their fans somewhat happy with the transfer. 

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On Hause, yes perhaps.

Hause - Aeriel ability

You are now the official Jamaican Martin O’Neill 😂,  I don’t think Mings is a bad footballer and could at a push get up and down those flanks, but I’m sure Gerrard will look for a explosive technical LB 

• Haha 1

German media linking us to Borna Sosa, a 23yr old Croatian LB/LWB currently at Stuttgart. Apparently they’ve guesstimated price at €30m - under contract until 2025. He’s 6’2 and a bit more height in defence wouldn’t hurt! 

• Like 1

Interesting how SG is reported as saying the squad is unbalanced, having too many attacking wide men.

looks like Traore, could be jettisoned in January.

I think we all knew this, didn't we?

Edited by TRO
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, TRO said:

Interesting how SG is reported as saying the squad is unbalanced, having too many attacking wide men.

looks like Traore, could be jettisoned in January.

I think we all knew this, didn't we?

Traore is a long way down the list of wingers who we'll be looking to shift I would think. He is both better and more versatile than most, can act as cover up front as well.

• Like 2