January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

10 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Traore is a long way down the list of wingers who we'll be looking to shift I would think. He is both better and more versatile than most, can act as cover up front as well.

too often, not available.....we can't be running with players out all the time.

economics eventually kick in....what use are they, out all the time?

13 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Traore is a long way down the list of wingers who we'll be looking to shift I would think. He is both better and more versatile than most, can act as cover up front as well.

agree

bailey, traore, el ghazi, trez. JPB, throw watkins in there, maybe buendia and young

trez would be 1st out the door which im sure most of us wouldnt argue with, young is only here for 1 year and covers LB, watkins should be CF, buendia CM, puts us down to 4 wide men 1 of which is a youngster, i dont think its that bad

wanting the money more than the player is the only reason we sell traore

could be a bit of playing the game from gerrard to see who reacts

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

True but if we're basing it on a theoretical possibility that he isn't ever going to regain fitness then we don't need to worry about selling him because nobody will buy him until he's fit again.

Imo if he's fit he's useful and we should keep him and if he's not then nobody will buy him.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Does Traore work in a high press system?

I think anyone can work in a high press system as long as the fitness coaching is up to snuff. I have a feeling we'll see the best of Traore under a stricter manager like Gerrard.

3 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

True but if we're basing it on a theoretical possibility that he isn't ever going to regain fitness then we don't need to worry about selling him because nobody will buy him until he's fit again.

Imo if he's fit he's useful and we should keep him and if he's not then nobody will buy him.

I think anyone can work in a high press system as long as the fitness coaching is up to snuff. I have a feeling we'll see the best of Traore under a stricter manager like Gerrard.

Hopefully, he was hit and miss for Lyon under Genesio in a attacking 4-3-3 but can't say I know much about how Genesio works behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Me neither but first season under him BT got 18 goals 7 assists, that would suit us just fine

in all competitions, but yeah would be nice. Stats vise he was good her last season too.

20 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bissouma would be a dream but I just can’t see it and I don’t think we’d be able to drop the 50m they would want for him.

If we could afford him it's a no brainer.

He's so much better than anyone we have for that role and he should be at that cost. 

3 hours ago, sne said:

Does Traore work in a high press system?

How did he do at Ajax? I assume that they were playing a high press system as it is "their way".

Transfermarkt has 13 goals in 39 games. I will however confess to never having watched that side play.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

He only missed 2 games last week season! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

People suggesting signing Bissouma please read his latest news. He is not going to be on any clubs radar at this time. 

Imagine splashing 40 million on a guy you might have to sack soon. Be Ross McCormack levels of stupidity

So what you're saying is...

He's going to Newcastle for £50m in January.

• Like 1

Sosa more of a winger than a left back I thought?

God I'd love a big massive fecker powerhouse at left back. We could do with some size in the team I think, quite a few main men that aren't much use at set-pieces - always tricky defending them IMO.

54 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

God I'd love a big massive fecker powerhouse at left back. We could do with some size in the team I think, quite a few main men that aren't much use at set-pieces - always tricky defending them IMO.

So you're agreeing with me electing Tyrone then? 👀

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So you're agreeing with me electing Tyrone then? 👀

I don't think he's technically good enough. He must scuff at least a third of his bunts forward.

Up for it Burnley away with big Korts coming in in the middle.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

How did he do at Ajax? I assume that they were playing a high press system as it is "their way".

Transfermarkt has 13 goals in 39 games. I will however confess to never having watched that side play.

I never watched him for AJAX but I think he was seen as a big talent there.

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

People suggesting signing Bissouma please read his latest news. He is not going to be on any clubs radar at this time. 

Imagine splashing 40 million on a guy you might have to sack soon. Be Ross McCormack levels of stupidity

I see an opportunity for a cut price deal.