January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Wonder if Newcastle will let Willock go. ideal for us, although did he just sign a contract?

Only joined them this summer from Arsenal. Was only on loan there last season. Six year contract. Fee was £25m.

Him and ASM the only players safe at Newcastle and we wouldn't want the others.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Wonder if Newcastle will let Willock go. ideal for us, although did he just sign a contract?

I have not seen that much of him but he seems to be a bit of a Hourihane midfield player to me. He seems to score a few but not offer much else. We need midfielders who can control a game. I have never seen that from him.

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Only joined them this summer from Arsenal. Was only on loan there last season. Six year contract. Fee was £25m.

Him and ASM the only players safe at Newcastle and we wouldn't want the others.

I'm a massive ASM fan.  Definitely my favorite non-AVFC footballer.  I've dreamed about seeing both him and Bailey on the pitch with Villa only about 1000 times in the past 2 months.  Agreed though, i think those two will stick and the rest most likely won't.  I'm interested to see what they do in January. 

As far as we go, sort of hoping the sell El Ghazi talk is accurate as he isn't playing currently anyways, we can sell him for a profit and it opens up more opportunity for JPB who I think is a stud and ready for some first team action.  Hoping we bring in a LB/LWB and maybe a CDM.

On 18/10/2021 at 18:39, samjp26 said:

Italian press linking us to a €15m move for Aaron Hickey (Scottish left back). Plays for Bologna

We along with other clubs were interested in him, but he chose Bologna and signed for them for a reported £1.5m last August. At that money he was worth a punt, but is he worth around 10 times that now and even if he is, would he want to join us now any more than he didn't want to back then? I doubt this is a runner. 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Marash Kumbulla Centre back from Roma with El Ghazi part of the discussions ⚠️

On loan from Verona at Roma who have an obligation to buy (according to Transfermarkt)

Albanian but born in Italy. Any good?

He's a regular for Roma isn't he? Or is he one of those who played in that 6-1 defeat last week that Mourinho was slagging off.

If Roma want El Ghazi or even Douglas Luiz I get the feeling they'd offer us Chris Smalling but can't see him being much interest given he's 31 now. Probably end up at Newcastle.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He's a regular for Roma isn't he? Or is he one of those who played in that 6-1 defeat last week that Mourinho was slagging off.

If Roma want El Ghazi or even Douglas Luiz I get the feeling they'd offer us Chris Smalling but can't see him being much interest given he's 31 now. Probably end up at Newcastle.

Someone I used to work with at OUFC now works for a European based sporting brokerage/middlemen/fixer company and he drops me Villa related tit-bits and names of players we’ve been offered or in some cases enquired about from time to time. All I know is his name has been mentioned in connection for El Ghazi and doesn’t mean there is anything in it. I don’t get anything too ITK and virtually all the names he has said haven't come to anything, thought I’d share anyhow as it’s an interesting link based on our current defensive deficiencies playing with 3 at the back… 

• Like 1

On 24/10/2021 at 21:56, est1874 said:

I would rather have all the hairs around my asshole plucked out one by one and then used to floss between my teeth than watch that absolute div in a Villa shirt.

not keen then?

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Played 1 league minute all season, 20 games last season 

Young but would be uninspiring

• Like 1