January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

On 02/11/2021 at 22:38, useless said:

I've not seen Carvalho play but from what I've read about him he's quite a different kind of player to any of our young academy players, he's more of an out and out No.10 type, that sometimes also plays as a second striker.

Sounds like Aaron Ramsey then!

3 hours ago, Indigo said:

Onuachu was good at Midtjylland previously, did his time overlap with MacPhee's? Has also bossed it with Genk in the last couple of seasons in the absence of a certain Tanzanian great and we love a Belgium-based striker so I'm guessing all of that is where the link has come from rather than anything based in truth.

Or this is an extreme response to us now seemingly playing Pulis ball.

Lange should know about him as well

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Bit unrelated to this but was flicking through Oliver Giroud's book yesterday and he confirmed we were in for him on last day of 2020 transfer window but he chose to stay at Chelsea instead.

We signed Borja Baston instead.

Bet he regrets that

On 03/11/2021 at 09:15, AvfcRigo82 said:

Many on here were under the impression during the summer that would happen the minute Ash Young rejoined us.

I said it god knows how times that Targett 8s a limited player and we needed a player with the potential to relegated him to the bench. I Also said Ash is just too old and not cut out to be the marauding modern fullback we require. I would still start Ash ahead of Targett mind.

4 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

We don't need another striker. Watkins/Ings/Archer are fine.

We NEED someone to break up play and start attacks for Dougie/McGinn.

Personally I'd bring in Bissouma and bench Mcginn. I'm rating him less and less. His technique measn he can only be a supportive box2box at the most. His technique, and intelligence aren't sufficient to boss the midfield. I rate Doug and Ramsey to have higher potential and are already superior in terms of technique. 

6 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Personally I'd bring in Bissouma and bench Mcginn. I'm rating him less and less. His technique measn he can only be a supportive box2box at the most. His technique, and intelligence aren't sufficient to boss the midfield. I rate Doug and Ramsey to have higher potential and are already superior in terms of technique. 

I dont think us or other teams will be going near Bissouma at the moment

• Like 1

On 01/11/2021 at 00:09, Spoony said:

We seem to have gone back to looking shit in every single position 

You can have the strongest chain built by man, but if one link is made of clay.......it wouldn't pull a moped.

I had a look through all the premier league squads yesterday searching for an established physically strong DM that might not be getting much game time somewhere else but couldn't find one. Unless we have a massive surge up the table it's not going to be easy and we may have to buy from championship or overseas again which comes with it's own risks.

8 minutes ago, zenda said:

Tom Carroll, Omar Cummings, Borja Baston, Grant Holt...**** me old boots. I'll take questionable Saudi owners if it means never having to fish in that loan-pool ever again. 

Simon Dawkins and Danny Drinkwater 😉

Edited by Zatman

36 minutes ago, zenda said:

Tom Carroll, Omar Cummings, Borja Baston, Grant Holt...**** me old boots. I'll take questionable Saudi owners if it means never having to fish in that loan-pool ever again. 

Who’s Omar Cummings, never heard of him. I like to think I know all things about our great club. I’m hoping it’s a mistake, otherwise I will need to question myself about how much I actually know 😊

45 minutes ago, WHY said:

Who’s Omar Cummings, never heard of him. I like to think I know all things about our great club. I’m hoping it’s a mistake, otherwise I will need to question myself about how much I actually know 😊

He was on trial from the MLS, we never signed him. Think it was during McLeish or Lambert era

• Like 1