Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brentford

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/08/21 at 22:59

El Ghazi our best I thought but was very worried he was going to give the ref a reason to give him a second yellow. 

Buendia also very good and starting to build a bit of momentum now. 

Thought Ings was also much more accountable and involved for most of the game. 

Ref was an absolute joke. 

Hope Konsa is fine. 

15 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

our only pattern of play seems to be one of our mids dropping short, passing the ball to Targett and he hits it down the line.

Don't forget the Cash lateral cross-pitch ball to El Ghazi - or rather the full back's head. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

We're missing Mings, McGinn, Sanson, J Ramsey, Bailey, Traore and a fully fit Watkins today. 

I don't think we can judge the strength of the team based on todays line up. 

No, but you can judge the strength in depth and resilience of the squad. There are always going to be injuries unless we’re very lucky, and this season the added problem of players catching COVID or having to self isolate. We will need to be able to field credible XIs with possibly a higher rate of absentees than usual.

I got told off in the pre-match thread for suggesting there was a problem here, so I will not comment further. 4 points from three potential relegation candidates. Acceptable or not?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He hasn’t really liked any manager from memory. 😆 

Because they were all so great weren't they! McNeil, Lambert, Bruce and all in between. I suppose you thought they were the bees knees!

PS and I've been right about every single one of them. Prove me wrong!

Edited by pacbuddies

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

No, but you can judge the strength in depth and resilience of the squad. There are always going to be injuries unless we’re very lucky, and this season the added problem of players catching COVID or having to self isolate. We will need to be able to field credible XIs with possibly a higher rate of absentees than usual.

I got told off in the pre-match thread for suggesting there was a problem here, so I will not comment further. 4 points from three potential relegation candidates. Acceptable or not?

Not.

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

When/how are we likely to learn more about Konsa injury?

Gotta wait on the MRI which could take a couple days based on how much swelling there is in the area. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Its not as though its been a common theme for the last 3 years... it's just a bad spell this year. Hopefully everyone is back after the break (or most of them). In terms of 4 points... its less than I expected pre-season but thats football. We took 4 points off Chelsea last year, put 7 past the defending champions, beat Arsenal twice. We were poor against Burnley and Brighton though. Individual games are unpredictable. 

That referee was beyond turdlike, and probably the worst " decision" he made was not giving C*ntos a yellow for simulation when he tried to get Anwar sent off.

It was an opportunity to make an example and draw a line in the sand, but no, the soft cock approach he thought would suffice.

11 minutes ago, Ponky said:

El Ghazi our best I thought but was very worried he was going to give the ref a reason to give him a second yellow. 

He didn't need a reason. He was penalised for Canos running into him ffs 🙄

2 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

This is aston villa so probably never

This I agree with, we will get fed the it is not serious but he is not going to play this week blah blah, come Xmas the same line will be wheeled out and we will be like spacer.png 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

When/how are we likely to learn more about Konsa injury?

Just pray Smith does not report that it is a minor knock or you can kiss Konsa goodbye until after Christmas !

• Like 1

Â