Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brentford

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/08/21 at 22:59

I think its funny how el-ghazi has been rated by many as our best player today and the majority were infuriated with him starting today 😂 personally i chose Buendia his movement and passing today was outstanding, and where on earth was ashley young playing today he was everywhere but mainly centre midfield , none of us expected him to play there and hes got so much energy and stamina  for his age.

We really needed 3 points from that match as our next 3 or 4 games are very tough, my hope was to finally beat man united but now they have Ronaldo that is looking more or less impossible now 😞 id do almost anything to see us beat them , id even trade 2 or 3 wins against the blues 🤣 just hate how we can never beat them it really frustrates me honestly 

Thankfully the ref got the disallowed goal right. More than can be said of the two 5Live commentators who were convinced it should’ve been a goal. It took Pougatch at half-time to explain to them why it was correctly disallowed….

The strength and depth of our injury/unfit/Covid list must be one of the most impressive in world football right now.

From a7:

Martinez: 7 not a lot to do

Cash: 7 dealt with most things well, couple of mistakes

Konsa: 7 not much to do

Tuanzebe: 7 see Konsa

Targett: 8 much improved and dangerous going forward

Luiz: 8 battled well and kept it simple enough

Young: 6 not good enough for this level any more I'm afraid

Chukwuemeka: 5 overawed and needs to be more committed for the PL

Buendia: 8 dangerous and will get better

El Ghazi: 8 best I've seen him play. All over them

Ings: 6 tried but couldn't get into the game

Subs didn't have a lot of time to impress but Nakamba was solid

Ref was utterly shocking

• Like 2

We'd have handily lost that game last season. Now that we actually have a squad, we can compete even when the odds are against us. 

They were well organized and ugly, but we battled well and showed some real grit at times. 

We'll get much better. Just got to have a little more patience. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, darrenm said:

From a7:

Martinez: 7 not a lot to do

Cash: 7 dealt with most things well, couple of mistakes

Konsa: 7 not much to do

Tuanzebe: 7 see Konsa

Targett: 8 much improved and dangerous going forward

Luiz: 8 battled well and kept it simple enough

Young: 6 not good enough for this level any more I'm afraid

Chukwuemeka: 5 overawed and needs to be more committed for the PL

Buendia: 8 dangerous and will get better

El Ghazi: 8 best I've seen him play. All over them

Ings: 6 tried but couldn't get into the game

Subs didn't have a lot of time to impress but Nakamba was solid

Ref was utterly shocking

The ref was as shocking at these ratings 😕young not good enough at this level are you having a laugh mate ??? Targett dangerous going forward 😂 targett played well but thats over the top and then saying chukwuemeka is overawed and rating him a 5 is pathetic 

• Like 1

Doesnt matter if its against a newly promoted team, any team outside the top 4 missing half their outfield starters (including the two leaders right down the spine of the team) isnt going to find it easy. 

Considering the players we had out injured, we still put out a reasonable 11, and a reasonable performance.

Unfortunately, we now probably have another injury, due to the referee's utter incompetence.

Pretty poor performance overall.

Buendia took his goal well but other than that looked very lightweight and once again left gaping holes on the right when we attacked by drifting inside.

AEG MOTM by a mile.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

What’s this bollocks about Toney doing a Zulu celebration?? Not a nose as far as I am aware

He was a self confessed Liverpool fan as a kid.

38 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Because they were all so great weren't they! McNeil, Lambert, Bruce and all in between. I suppose you thought they were the bees knees!

So you’re saying our last decent manager was Barton? :blink:

37 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Because they were all so great weren't they! McNeil, Lambert, Bruce and all in between. I suppose you thought they were the bees knees!

PS and I've been right about every single one of them. Prove me wrong!

Ah, I was only joking dude. I quite liked Lambert, but he wasn’t great, and I liked MON in his prime… but they haven’t been great. I do like Smith though.

Thought we were plucky in the face of late disruption, but lacked quality and familiarity. Passing, possession and retention was poor, movement was mixed, and needs to improve. We have no cohesion, we just wing it, but that is understandable.

Thought Chuck was nervous to start but grew into it and was solid enough, he will grow into a classy, reliable midfielder I think. Targett was improved and got better but is not last seasons Targett, but he is not on his own. Midfield was weak, and way below what we need, we will be easily dominated here this season.

Buendia had flashes of quality and assurance but I hope he will grow into this team and is not a glorified Jota. I think he needs a strong midfield around him and willing runners/movement from others. We are just thrown together at the moment and its going to take time for this to fall into place.

I thought Ings showed endeavour and willingness, he was unluckily not to add another today.

Hopefully the return of Watkins, Traore and Bailey will bring some balance and quality. No panic yet, when you look at the struggles around the rest of the division, everyone is getting up to speed and I think the return of the crowds is influencing things.

I really hope they spend £50m on a very good CM, I think we need one.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

It’s concerning because it isn’t just this game in isolation. Watford did it to us in our first game, and it happened a lot last season. Martinez kept us in a lot of games last season with the amount of saves he made.

I mean to completely ignore the context because it suits your argument just stinks of bias. For that reason, I'm out 

• Sad 1

Â