Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brentford

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/08/21 at 22:59

Awful referee... Quite the match to watch though, team did better than expected with all the enforced changes. 

Onwards and upwards. Watkins lively, he's so key to us, can't wait to have him back! 

Before the game, I had some respect for Brentford. They are filthy bastards.

I want to say the ref was shit, but I can't. He was well beyond that.

Decent game. Missed Villa Park in full voice like that. It was constant uproar mainly due to the ref.

With all the absentees a draw will suffice I think. Great first goal for Emi, at a time we really needed to hit back. Good to see Ollie back on the pitch, 2 efforts on target in his 10 mins or.

Carney looked raw, but he’ll learn to adapt to the pace im sure. El Ghazi MOTM, Buendia second best.

Really hope Konsa isnt missing for too long, lets just hope all those out at the moment can get back in time for Chelsea, we’ll certainly need them. UTV

God I hope we get back to full strength soon. With respect we really need to be beating the Watford’s and Brentford’s of this league if we really want to push on and progress. Obviously we have injuries and illness which hasn’t helped things so understandable we haven’t really got going properly yet. 

Just now, briny_ear said:

Thin gruel. 

4 points from 3 matches against some of the weakest sides in the league (on paper, but I suspect Brentford will surprise a few this season).

Not the  brightest of starts.

Good to see Buendia scoring. 

Suppose when you're decimated in terms of your strongest team it's not so bad though. Decent performance. Dire defending for their goal! 

Just now, pacbuddies said:

4 points from a possible 9 against 3 of the poorest teams in the division is a reflection on Smith's ability. The sooner the owners realise we are going nowhere with him in charge and sack him the better!

Irony right?

After all the setbacks, it was an encouraging display.

We have a spirit and steel about us nowadays which is pleasing to see…

Villa teams in the past would’ve fallen apart in such a situation, not any more.

International break is coming at the right time for us. Can’t wait until we can finally play our best players and team… want to see Bailey tear these kinds of teams a new arsehole!!

• Like 4

2nd half we finally made their keeper make (easy) saves in the dying mins - both from Ollie.

Other than that neither keeper was involved. The ref was PL average standard i.e. beyond horrific. Remember Euro 2020/21 when we were praising them and asking why we can't import some European refs? The English refs are just terrible.

Brentford came to spoil the party. They were very niggly and the time wasting and slowing the game down - well it's a tactic but I thought they were this pure footballing team?

They'll stay up - I was disappointed that our new captain came out and said that we probably won't get Europe. I think we'll finish around 10th but he still should be bigging us up.

UTV

Just didn’t do enough to deserve the win but Brentford are a fairly decent side. Injuries made us disjointed and a draw is a decent result considering.

4 points in our opening 3 games isn’t a disaster but probably slightly disappointing.

We need a lift and the players appear need one too.  I really think a clever signing or loan could be just the ticket for all of us. Be good to see Bailey back in the squad though.

El Ghazi MOTM perhaps today. 

4 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

4 points from a possible 9 against 3 of the poorest teams in the division is a reflection on Smith's ability. The sooner the owners realise we are going nowhere with him in charge and sack him the better!

Who do you want him replaced with?

Â