Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brentford

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/08/21 at 22:59

2 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

4 points from a possible 9 against 3 of the poorest teams in the division is a reflection on Smith's ability. The sooner the owners realise we are going nowhere with him in charge and sack him the better!

Now I understand your avatar. 

18 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Emi M. had a. brain fart 2nd week in a row.  You just can't release the ball for a punt that close to a pressing opponent and hope either he won't go for it or the referee will bail you out.

Considering the law says that the attacker can't interfere with him why should Emi be worried the attacker might do that? If we start telling our players to look out for opposition players doing illegal shit, they won't actually focus on the good bits of the game. 

In fact, the attacker should have had a yellow for stopping our counter. 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I thought he had a great game always looking to make things happen. Where do you sit in the lower Holte as a matter of interest as no anti Anwar agenda near me  or That i can hear, Like you if I heard it I would certainly make comment back

Toward top of L8. May relocate next year, hoped these blokes would calm down post pandemic but if anything they’re worse! I like my view and being able to stand but not sure I can deal with the negativity for another season!  

1 minute ago, chappy said:

Toward top of L8. May relocate next year, hoped these blokes would calm down post pandemic but if anything they’re worse! I like my view and being able to stand but not sure I can deal with the negativity for another season!  

Join us in L3 far better class of customer😀👍

• Haha 1

Thought it was a poor scrappy game much like last week.  The ref was an abomination and partly responsible for why it was like that.

Brentford's time-wasting towards the end was ridiculous.  

Glad with a point given the circumstances.

• Like 1

Given the players missing and being a goal down a good point

But 4 points in a easy on paper first 3 games not brilliant

Chucky did well for his first start and probably only knew of it very short notice

Ashley Young as  a DM now I have seen everything

Buendia scored a great first goal

Bit concerning how isolated Ings was up front second half

Ref was shocking

Interesting to see what team Smith will play if/when all of our players are back

Hope Konsa is ok, I don't know why he tried to run it off should have brought Hause on straight away

Not much else to say about the game

Referee performance was one of the worst I have seen. Seemed to allow Brentford players to get away with nudges in the back to go clear on goal, but would call a foul the other way around. I think he was refereeing using a D20 dice with some of his decision making. I have no idea how Toney didn’t see a red card for a second bookable offence for kicking Nakamba in the head.

I think if Ings had tucked away his chance in the first half we would have gone on to win. Hats off to the Brentford goalie for a fine save from close range.

Bearing the cr@p referee and the fact we had a lot of key players missing from the team, I will take the point.

Fingers crossed Konsa isn’t too bad, but it didn’t look good.

Just cements the fact we are aiming for 10th for me, come the end of the season these are the games where you have to get 3 points, put away record will not be as good this season with crowds but with the team we could put out today a draw isn’t the end of the world.

2 hours ago, chappy said:

I was in L8 PP mostly positive towards AEG.

Only negative was the two pissed up buffoons in front of us who nearly clattered into my 7yr old daughter. They went to the bar after 28 mins, returned for the second half only to leave again at 75. What’s the point in even going? 

• Like 2

Here's my take
Apparently I see what I want to see .. ;)

One caveat: I missed the first ten minutes or so.

Martinez ... Did not have much to do, bit of a brain fart with that intercepted drop kick.
Cash and Targett, I thought they did OK, especially Targett. Maybe he is going for most improved player again this year. Cash, his hair looked fine in the sun. I did not get the sense of them being wobbly that some others have suggested.
Konsa and Taunzebe, were OK, can't say I was overly excited by them, having said that for the eighty plus minutes I saw Martinez did not have much to do. Trust Konsa is OK. Hause did OK.
Luiz and Chukwuemeka Luiz had a good solid game, Chuk I thought had an excellent game considering the time and place. When Nakamba replaced him, I got a sense that Nakamba played more defensively than Chuk. I could stand to be corrected here.
Young somehow did not stand out to me, in a positive or negative way. I suppose the latter is a good thing.  Watkins coming on seemed to play a more noticeably attacking game than Young. Not surprising I suppose.
Beundia and El  Ghazi, while El Ghazi was my MOTM, I understand completely why some people voted for Beundia.  I like the defensive effort  they put in the opposition's third. A few moments of brilliance from Beundia, eg the goal and the pass to Ings. Both tracked back and harried Brentford's attack. El Ghazi made the right back look vulnerable. Nice crosses
Ings looked a bit isolated, I don't remember is he even managed to get a shot off? But I like he pressed.

Smith ... Did a fine job considering Mings, Bailey, Traore, Mc Ginn and Ramsey were unavailable. Creative use of Young, not sure why Chuk was substituted and might have brought on Watkins earlier. But that's fine.

Referee ... averagely poor.

Dislikes ... I really don't like the way we faff around at the back and eventually Targett is forced to hoof it up to El Ghazi.

Considering the time and place 6/10

55 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Toney confirms why he did the celebration here:

Reveal hidden contents

His Agent drinks in town. Mate.

Just F off , Complete tool of the highest order , cheated all game along with the rest of his scummy lot 

Â