Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brentford

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/08/21 at 22:59

Toney, Janelt and Wissa all did enough to get 2 or more yellows. The fact that we all appreciate Brentford for what they are building doesn't mean we have to advantage them on the pitch. Not that I Think that would have won us the match, they'd have shut shop and we know how bad we are at breaking through when teams do that.

4 points from the last three fixtures is very underwhelming, but I juries are killing us.

Best game in claret and blue by Anwar, he really took responsibility and stepped up.

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

4 points from a possible 9 against 3 of the poorest teams in the division is a reflection on Smith's ability. The sooner the owners realise we are going nowhere with him in charge and sack him the better!

Yes, Smith has achieved nothing in the time he has been here. Off with his head. 

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

4 points from a possible 9 against 3 of the poorest teams in the division is a reflection on Smith's ability. The sooner the owners realise we are going nowhere with him in charge and sack him the better!

There should really be a berk of the week competition on here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I thought the game was crying out for Jacob Ramsey to link the play up the middle of the pitch. 

Strange game. Mid table level stuff. We need a fully fit side to make any headway.

Concerning injury to Konsa, let's hope it's just a knock.

Great take and turn and goal by Buendia.

Solid debut from Carney.

Great to see Ollie back. 

We'll take the point, but it's 2 points dropped, IMO. At home against a promoted side. Gotta win these.

Good time for a break.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Dear Oh dear Some people!!!!!!

MOTM:  Targett for me.  Was back to his best.  They tried so many times to feed Canos in down their right, but Targett was there snuffing it out every time.

When I saw that team sheet, I was scared and thought there was going to be a hiding on the cards.  I'll happily take a point considering the circumstances with so many players out injured.

• Our defense was great today.  Tuanzebe stepped up and looked a lot better than he did against Barrow. 
  • I hope Konsa's injury isn't as bad as it looked.  Knee injuries will sideline someone for months.
  • El Ghazi played well and Buendia is a gladiator.  
  • I was underwhelmed by Danny Ings when we announced that we'd signed him, but he's been excellent for us so far. That bit at the end where he was exchanging passes with Watkins gives me hope for a lot of goals in the future.
  • Carney didn't look out of place.  Didn't do anything outstanding, but didn't look like he was miles off pace either.  Shocked that he's only 17.

The international break came at the right time.  We desperately need some first teamers to recover and get back into the team if we're to stand a chance in this very tough run of fixtures in September/October.  UTV!!!

• Like 3

Take the point all in all but it’s still a disjointed team at the moment , we didn’t really have enough for Brentford’s physical game and fast pressing. 

Positives , we seem to have got last seasons Target back and El Ghazi put in a decent shift and caused them some probkems

going  against the general view in the match thread but for me the Chuk gamble failed it was evident he isn’t quite ready to start , his time will come but it isn’t now.

a nice surprise before the window shuts and then getting Bailey , Traore , Mings and Sanson back and our season can kick on 

and the ref was diabolical, missed obvious yellows , gave ones that weren’t , missed far too many obvious fouls in the name of letting the game flow.

• Like 3

We lacked a bit of control in midfield at times but as soon as Ollie came on there was only one team that was going to win and that was us.

The refereeing. "Defeated sigh". I've been saying it for a long time they're shit in the premier League. Woefully pathetic moronic performance from the ref. Fouls on us not given yet we committed the same fouls on them and they were given. Danny Ings at the end was the worst one because 5 minutes later he gave the same thing for AEG on their full back.

Toney and that Tall guy should have been sent off.

Konsa injury looks worrying all from a blatant foul on Tuanzebe.

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Ref shit. Buendia the main bright spark.

But the oppositions ability to dominate our midfield is concerning.

A midfield composed of a 17 year old debutant and a RB 20 years older than him playing pretty much his first ever game in CM?

Is it that concerning considering we will likely never ever play that midfield combination again? 

Decent result all things considered. Carney gave a good account of himself in a weakened squad. Best we’ve seen El Ghazi play in the league yet, unlucky with a pass in the second half which could have set Ings through. Big worry for me is our only pattern of play seems to be one of our mids dropping short, passing the ball to Targett and he hits it down the line. We really struggle to create chances any other way. We seem to play it backwards so often. International break could be great for us to get everyone back together now and push on. We had three great fixtures there on paper but we’ve been unlucky with injuries and Covid today. 

• Like 3

On paper not a great result but considering our injuries that led to us having a midfield that had a 17 year old debut and a 36 winger playing centre mid, whilst missing our most important defender and midfielder, I'm going to say it's a good point.

That ref though! What a monumental bellend!

Â