Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Can only think of Rooney v Man City that’s possibly similar and better?

You mean the one that flew in off his shin?

Edit: I see others have beaten me to it

Edited by Junxs

Brilliant goal. I sit in K7 so the second it left his foot you knew it was in. 

Also enjoyed his work rate

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Still an absolutely fantastic goal scored. 

Yeah, it flew in the net after a miskick.. It looked good but I wouldnt put it on any greatest goals lists 

Everything Wayne Rooney did was over hyped by the media. Le Tissier literally scored 20 better goals than that but no one in the media still goes on about them like they do with Rooneys goals.

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

Thought he was ok today but you can see why he scores goals, he comes alive in the box. Great to have a striker like him in our squad. 

That's why we néed Ollie, Traore and Bailey back ASAP. In the first half service to him was very poor. Shows how good he is to bag that goal before the break. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Smith has openly said he didn't bring Watkins to play out wide 

Yes, but that assumes that the "wide" forward is a traditional winger. I see Watkins in something more like the Grealish role, i.e. cutting in from the left. As I just pointed out in another thread, the trend for the last 10 years (especially in a 4-2-3-1 but even in a 4-3-3) is for the "wide" forwards to cut in rather than hug the line and cross like a traditional winger. The full backs are expected to get forward and provide the crosses instead.

Although not necessarily true, that's why many modern "wide" forwards have their strong foot inside. Grealish is right-footed and plays on the left; Watkins would be the same. Traditional wingers almost always have their strong foot outside.

(I would not expect Watkins to exactly match the Grealish role, i.e. come back deep and carry the ball forward. He's better at holding up the early ball forward...something he can still do on the left.)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TomC said:

Yes, but that assumes that the "wide" forward is a traditional winger. I see Watkins in something more like the Grealish role, i.e. cutting in from the left. As I just pointed out in another thread, the trend for the last 10 years (especially in a 4-2-3-1 but even in a 4-3-3) is for the "wide" forwards to cut in rather than hug the line and cross like a traditional winger. The full backs are expected to get forward and provide the crosses instead.

Although not necessarily true, that's why many modern "wide" forwards have their strong foot inside. Grealish is right-footed and plays on the left; Watkins would be the same. Traditional wingers almost always have their strong foot outside.

(I would not expect Watkins to exactly match the Grealish role, i.e. come back deep and carry the ball forward. He's better at holding up the early ball forward...something he can still do on the left.)

Then what about Bailey? Assuming Buendia plays in the right 

36 minutes ago, Junxs said:

You mean the one that flew in off his shin?

Edit: I see others have beaten me to it

He was upside down swinging his foot towards a ball that had been headed on from a 30 yard throw in and your looking for perfect contact off his foot....don't know why he bothered to try and score a world class goal when it had a chance of hitting his shin  heaven forbid.

Great goal, reminds me of a  Bent/ Benteke / Saunders type player so he won't struggle for goals. 🥰

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Can only think of Rooney v Man City that’s possibly similar and better?

From memory, Zlatan has scored a couple that’s similar with such power also, but Ings has really scored a goal of the season contender today.

Can’t stop watching it and the reactions from the players. 

Anyone remember the Trevor Sinclair overhead kick, was the same year Beckham scored from the half way line. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Anyone remember the Trevor Sinclair overhead kick, was the same year Beckham scored from the half way line. 

Just looked it up again and what a cracker of a goal. Should be remembered better because it is special. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, tinker said:

He was upside down swinging his foot towards a ball that had been headed on from a 30 yard throw in and your looking for perfect contact off his foot....don't know why he bothered to try and score a world class goal when it had a chance of hitting his shin  heaven forbid.

Great goal, reminds me of a  Bent/ Benteke / Saunders type player so he won't struggle for goals. 🥰

They were referring to the one Rooney scored against the plastic oil barons.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

They were referring to the one Rooney scored against the plastic oil barons.

I was wondering what he was on about myself lol.

The connection, placement and all, were superb IMO. For Ings goal.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â