Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I will watch the goal over and over again this week. Such a perfect strike. 

I was disappointed that he didn’t take the pen for FPL reasons, but you can’t knock Anwar’s penalty record. 

It’s quite the conundrum working out how Watkins fits in with him. I’m glad I’m not in charge of that decision. 

You think that you have it hard. I have El Ghazi on the bench!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I will watch the goal over and over again this week. Such a perfect strike. 

I was disappointed that he didn’t take the pen for FPL reasons, but you can’t knock Anwar’s penalty record. 

It’s quite the conundrum working out how Watkins fits in with him. I’m glad I’m not in charge of that decision. 

Same. I captained him as I fancied him to bag today, happy with 1 goal, but of course 2 would have been better. However, fair play to El Ghazi. Great pen!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andym said:

It's not by luck that he found himself in all that space, in a penalty box that was packed for a long throw.

He just has that knack of getting free from markers, and the finishing technique to make them pay.

yep header in 2nd half he found space from a corner

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I think it has to be either or.

Don't think they can play in the same team.

Sure they can. If Deano goes 4-3-3 like today, put Watkins on the left of the front 3. If he goes 4-2-3-1 like last week, put Watkins in the left of the 3. He played on the left at Brentford.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sne said:

All he does is score :) Some goal too.

I was living with a guy a while back in college and he once came out the following phrase word for word - “Michael Owen is a terrible footballer, all he does is score goals”

Michael Owen - Ballon D’Or winner. When challenged on this he dug in and insisted that he was right. 

• Like 1

Watched it several times, and the speed, angle and sheer audacity of it are spectacular. 

He’s the best finisher we’ve had at the club since… probably Darren Bent, or maybe even Yorke!? Totally different player to those two, but on finishing I mean. 

image.jpeg.f36cec240abdda4bd090863ecd415242.jpeg

(edit: god I miss that gif button, please can it make a comeback!? It wasn’t even a problem!)

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

I think him and Ollie could be perfect foil you know.

Ollie the all round workrate, pressing and occupying space, Ings the devastating finisher.

If I had to choose one though, choice is clear.

However, I can even see Ings improving further with us in his all round game 

28 minutes ago, TomC said:

Sure they can. If Deano goes 4-3-3 like today, put Watkins on the left of the front 3. If he goes 4-2-3-1 like last week, put Watkins in the left of the 3. He played on the left at Brentford.

Smith has openly said he didn't bring Watkins to play out wide 

Â