Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

12 hours ago, Spoony said:

Worth mentioning fans of pretty much every top 6 team are pissed that they weren’t in for Ings.

I saw a spurs fan moaning they should have been in for him. 

Levy is doing Levy stuff and trying to squeeze every penny out of the Kane situation that he's missed the perfect replacement that he could have had for less than a quarter of the price if he'd just got on with it. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hopefully, mate. Haven’t been all too impressed with him so far.

The guy is a finisher.

His job is to score goals, and he’s doing it.

Whats not to like?

If he doesn’t score and does nothing else, then by all means have a go.

But he just scored again. So at a goal a game, I’m VERY impressed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I saw a spurs fan moaning they should have been in for him. 

Levy is doing Levy stuff and trying to squeeze every penny out of the Kane situation that he's missed the perfect replacement that he could have had for less than a quarter of the price of he'd just got on with it. 

He probably offered Brentford 10 million and a crisp high five for Toney, and was confused when they told him to f**k off.

• Haha 2

So far he's scored in every game he's played for us. One friendly, two League. The two from open play were both damn good goals, too.

Also, I don't know the best place to post this, but in both games we've scored two goals; one absolute belter followed by a penalty. I'd be fine if that continued for a while longer.

• Like 2

Despite his goal, he's been rather isolated out there up in front. We've not been able to get the ball to him in great positions enough for him to work his magic. Thankfully, he's capable of doing things like that but he won't be doing that every game. We need to get him proper service.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Despite his goal, he's been rather isolated out there up in front. We've not been able to get the ball to him in great positions enough for him to work his magic. Thankfully, he's capable of doing things like that but he won't be doing that every game. We need to get him proper service.

Exactly what Ollie goes through most matches 

Also why I've seriously warmed up to the idea of them playing together.

Ollie to run them ragged, Ings to finish devastatingly.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Paulie said:

Agreed.  Think the mix between the others is what will be tough to get right.

I think the path forward is Ings as a false 9 (think firmino), Watkins as left forward and Bailey/Traore as right forward…. then play 3 Buendia / McGinn / Ramsey / Luiz depending on matchups, etc.

Yes. I don't see why Watkins can't play the Mane role

6 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

It’s still only two games, players are still getting used to each other and working towards full match fitness, I’m sure we’ll see improvements in the coming weeks. Add to that the fact that last season’s main striker, the indestructible Ollie Watkins and this season’s exciting prospect Leon Bailey are both out of action and there’s a lot to be excited about as we go forward. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Paulie said:

Agreed.  Think the mix between the others is what will be tough to get right.

I think the path forward is Ings as a false 9 (think firmino), Watkins as left forward and Bailey/Traore as right forward…. then play 3 Buendia / McGinn / Ramsey / Luiz depending on matchups, etc.

I really like the idea of Buendia as a 10 but do we have enough behind him to protect the defence?

I just can’t see how we can play anything other than a 4-3-3 with our current crop of midfielders. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really like the idea of Buendia as a 10 but do we have enough behind him to protect the defence?

I just can’t see how we can play anything other than a 4-3-3 with our current crop of midfielders. 

I agree, that’s twice I’ve agreed with you this morning, where’s my pills? If we were to get in another CB, of the correct quality, I could however see us going for a 3-5-2, certainly for some games. 

A plus point with Buendia though is that he offers more defensive cover, more than Barkley ever did that’s for sure. But in general, unless against a really weak team, if there is one in the PL, a midfield two is too vulnerable with our current personnel. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I agree, that’s twice I’ve agreed with you this morning, where’s my pills? If we were to get in another CB, of the correct quality, I could however see us going for a 3-5-2, certainly for some games. 

A plus point with Buendia though is that he offers more defensive cover, more than Barkley ever did that’s for sure. But in general, unless against a really weak team, if there is one in the PL, a midfield two is too vulnerable with our current personnel. 

Lol. You won’t agree with me on everything, but that’s the beauty of a forum!

I really like the idea of a 3-5-2, I just don’t see where Bailey fits in! We definitely have the personnel to play it. 

Â