Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

This is what I think.

Too many seek to think a striker can only play centrally.

Mane plays left inside forward, Salah right inside forward.

I think watkins would be deadly as a left inside forward, especially with Bailey, ings and buendia buzzing around.

I think our best front 4 might be watkins - ings - Bailey with buendia in behind at the point of a midfield 3, or as one of two 8s. 

I agree, although I think Emi isn't quite fit enough for that role yet but hopefully will be by the time Ollie is back (after international break I guess).

12 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Sorry to repeat the obvious, but that was a helluva strike yesterday.
Looked even better this morning.

I doubt we see a better one for years so post away. 

If he never scored another goal at Villa Park he could dine out on the banger he scored yesterday for several lifetimes. 

Funny enough I was thinking yesterday how many overhead bicycle kicks have been scored towards the North Stand??? I could only think of 3 off the top of my head. The first one I remember was Paul Davis(Arsenal) v Villa in 82/83 if I'm not mistaken. Think it was last home game of the season and we won 2-1 with Davis scoring a consolation overhead kick that the whole ground applauded. Then there was Benteke v Norwich and now Ing's. I can't remember any others but I'm sure there have been more??

5 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

If he never scored another goal at Villa Park he could dine out on the banger he scored yesterday for several lifetimes. 

Funny enough I was thinking yesterday how many overhead bicycle kicks have been scored towards the North Stand??? I could only think of 3 off the top of my head. The first one I remember was Paul Davis(Arsenal) v Villa in 82/83 if I'm not mistaken. Think it was last home game of the season and we won 2-1 with Davis scoring a consolation overhead kick that the whole ground applauded. Then there was Benteke v Norwich and now Ing's. I can't remember any others but I'm sure there have been more??

Love weird things like this.

Nobby Solano scored one from a corner where he flicked it up for himself.

Allback possibly once as well?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Was Gary Cahills’ the Holte?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Think Doug Ellis got a couple.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Think i remember benito carbone getting one for wednesday

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Love weird things like this.

Nobby Solano scored one from a corner where he flicked it up for himself.

Allback possibly once as well?

I remember it being a Monday night game live on Sky. Can’t remember who it was against though, Tottenham?

Its a trade mark for Danny, He is a serial goal scorer....and thats his party piece.

It was a smart piece of business and when he plays in a settled team, he will be even  better.

Let's not under estimate the quaility required to execute that goal

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Yes deffo as I was in the Holte when that went in!

That was one of the most mental goal reactions I've seen down the villa, our entire row in the Holte got wiped out by guys running up and down jumping into each other etc

Cahill was a baller at Villa, criminal that he got moved on. I always remember him shooting (I think it was against Bolton)  from near the half way line, absolute cannon and the keeper just about tipped it on to the bar. 

Anyway back on topic, my Saints friend called him a work horse but when you're used to Ollie pressing everyone else looks unfit and not as good😂 But give this bloke 1/2  a chance he will score and I feel he'll have his highest scoring season if he stays fit - 25+ goals. Will get better when the chemistry improves in the team. Another reason why I wanted JWP. 

• Like 2

Â