Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

It's not by luck that he found himself in all that space, in a penalty box that was packed for a long throw.

He just has that knack of getting free from markers, and the finishing technique to make them pay.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Watkins never scores that goal. Love that we have a choice of 2 quality strikers going forward. 

Newcastle very specific game though. They are a passive team who let's you play.

There will be loads of games where Watkins defending from the front will be invaluable for us.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’ve never seen a striker with instincts like his tbf 

Elite level instincts and finishing, in terms of pure finishing he’s in       Van Nistelrooy , Aguero , Kane territory 

Edited by gwi1890

Can only think of Rooney v Man City that’s possibly similar and better?

From memory, Zlatan has scored a couple that’s similar with such power also, but Ings has really scored a goal of the season contender today.

Can’t stop watching it and the reactions from the players. 

Just now, ferguson1 said:

From memory, Zlatan has scored a couple that’s similar with such power also, but Ings has really scored a goal of the season contender today.

Ronaldo, Bale both in the CL from a couple of years back. Those two and Rooney’ were much better than Ings’. Don’t get me wrong, it was a cracking goal but those three were on another level. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Rooney's goal was amazing and all, but it was closer to hitting him in the penis than the foot when he connected with it. 

The purity of strike on that today from Ings was butter. 

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

Ronaldo, Bale both in the CL from a couple of years back. Those two and Rooney’ were much better than Ings’. Don’t get me wrong, it was a cracking goal but those three were on another level. 

Of course, yes I forgot those.  As you say, all 3 were special goals. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Rooneys goal was off the centre of the shin pad so technically a miss kick, ings was perfect 

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

There will be loads of games where Watkins defending from the front will be invaluable for us.

While Ings's goal was nice (understatement) what impressed me most about Ings was his work rate at defending from the front.  In fact I thought the front line did well in that aspect. 

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Rooney's goal was amazing and all, but it was closer to hitting him in the penis than the foot when he connected with it. 

The purity of strike on that today from Ings was butter. 

Wayne Rooney: Overhead kick against Man City in 2011 my most important goal  | Football News | Sky Sports

he must have some weapon on him😂

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 2

Just now, fruitvilla said:

While Ings's goal was nice (understatement) what impressed me most about Ings was his work rate at defending from the front.  In fact I thought the front line did well in that aspect. 

To me Newcastle is bit of a one off as they won't lay a glove on you.

We'll see where we are the next 3-4 games.

I will watch the goal over and over again this week. Such a perfect strike. 

I was disappointed that he didn’t take the pen for FPL reasons, but you can’t knock Anwar’s penalty record. 

It’s quite the conundrum working out how Watkins fits in with him. I’m glad I’m not in charge of that decision. 

• Like 2

Â