Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

5 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Who would have started as a striker yesterday if we didn't have Ings? What if Watkins isn't fit for Newcastle?

We can't go through the whole season with a pre-defined "starting XI" - we have to have options to adapt depending on who we're playing.

Plus since when did Ollie become that player that doesn't require competition to fight for his place? We also forget that he's come straight from the Championship and will have never played alongside a striker of Ings' quality consistently before. He'll learn a lot on how to improve his game.

I'm fine with it if for the most part Smith only plays one of them, as I think its difficult to get them both in. Ultimately, I think he's going to try to force them in as a 2 and I just have a feeling it's going to damage the midfield too much doing that but we will see.

4 hours ago, sne said:

Think he'll be very useful for us and that he's a great attacker, but I did not expect us to sign such a high profile, established striker since I couldn't see how one would fit in with the line-up or players we already have at the club.

Still not sure about it but as long as Watkins is injured I'm delighted that we have him.

Where a lot of us did and very much believed we needed it.  I think it was a no brainier to bring him in when we got the chance.  Absolutely a great signing!

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Where a lot of us did and very much believed we needed it.  I think it was a no brainier to bring him in when we got the chance.  Absolutely a great signing!

Interesting part will be how we line up when everyone is available and who will be the rotation player.

It’s hard to rate a striker when the players behind them aren’t performing.

I personally think Ings could release the ball more quickly, and bring other players into the game. But it’s his first game for a new club, no doubt he wanted to impress, was trying a bit too hard to do it all himself.

We know we have a very good striker on our hands here. He has a fantastic goal scoring record, and he actually used to link up well for Southampton.

So let’s give him time - need to get that midfield sorted first before we can really judge him. Like all strikers, he needs service.

50 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m starting to see a lot of the excuses that were used when Hogan was at the club! 

Oh come on mate, it was 1 game, he didn’t play particularly badly and he scored a penalty. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Oh come on mate, it was 1 game, he didn’t play particularly badly and he scored a penalty. 

It was a bit tongue in cheek tbh, mate. I won’t be judging him off one game! Hope he does well for us as he’s clearly got pedigree. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It was a bit tongue in cheek tbh, mate. I won’t be judging him off one game! Hope he does well for us as he’s clearly got pedigree. 

I actually thought you were being tongue in cheek. Either that or you're not getting any.🤪

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

In another thread you said the concern that ings is a panic signing is a perfectly reasonable one to have after 1 game.

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ah right. I was going to say that’s not the Delphinho123 I know… very out of character.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

Â