Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Controversial opinion. I thought he was poor today apart from his goal. 

Watkins is the better player. 

Not sure on the better player, certainly a different player.

Ings is much more alert in and around the box and you can see he has quick feet and speed of thought to get the shot off.

Watkins as a lone striker or rather a focal point runs every channel, dragging the defence all over the place, hes also more of a handful in the air. Not to say Ings dosnt move in the channels or hassle apponents, Watkins is just better at that side of it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I was watching him at times when we were attacking and he has some lovely off the ball movement that will get us plenty of goals when we tune into his movement.  The guy really knows how to play his position and to utilise his strengths.

Hopefully, mate. Haven’t been all too impressed with him so far.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

They’re just very different. Ollie Watkins will cover every blade of grass in the opposition’s half, but probably wouldn’t have the technique to score a goal like that today. It’s a difficult shout if only one will play, I think I would probably go with Ollie for his industry, but it will be interesting to see if DS can get them both into the team without weakening the midfield.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicho said:

Ings is much more alert in and around the box and you can see he has quick feet and speed of thought to get the shot off.

Watkins as a lone striker or rather a focal point runs every channel, dragging the defence all over the place, hes also more of a handful in the air. Not to say Ings dosnt move in the channels or hassle apponents, Watkins is just better at that side of it. 

Definitely different players. If we play a 4-3-3 though, one has to be dropped..

Just now, Woody1000 said:

They’re just very different. Ollie Watkins will cover every blade of grass in the opposition’s half, but probably wouldn’t have the technique to score a goal like that today. It’s a difficult shout if only one will play, I think I would probably go with Ollie for his industry, but it will be interesting to see if DS can get them both into the team without weakening the midfield.

Spot on. 

Especially the last part. I can’t see it myself. Unless we sign 2 beasts in midfield.

29 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I think Watkins is probably better all round but in any one on one scenario there’s hardly any striker playing football I’d rather have there than Danny Ings. Reactions and finishing are just absurdly good. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Watkins can learn from Ings then he could become England's best striker

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tinker said:

If Watkins can learn from Ings then he could become England's best striker

Agreed.

Im not saying Ings is a bad player. I really don’t think that. I just don’t think he’s played THAT well for us yet and I think Watkins is the better player. Just my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think defenders would rather play against Ings than Watkins but that's just my opinion. 

I would still pick watkins ahead of him. 

I'd even go as far as saying I don't think it's even close. 

Unlike you to go too far fella, you OK hun?

Edited by Steero113
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed.

Im not saying Ings is a bad player. I really don’t think that. I just don’t think he’s played THAT well for us yet and I think Watkins is the better player. Just my opinion. 

Finishing   ...Ings is better but for work rate and working the oppositions defence Watkins is the man.......can you have a player that offers both ? I'm not sure but Ollie seems to be the type of person that's willing to learn , to grow and if Ings can show Ollie or teach ollie how to finish then we are in for one hell of a player. Can Ings learn from Ollie? I don't think so 

Â