Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

13 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i was reading earlier that although Bailey can play LW or RW, he prefers LW (not sure if true).

If it is true, i wonder if we might see Bailey LW, Bunedia RW and Grealish in the CAM role?

Gonna be really interesting to see how we set up.

Them 3 are going to play where ever they like. Gonna be a nightmare to defend against, but may occasionally leave us open to a counter if we've overloaded one side.

It's going to be fun.

15 hours ago, Beastmix said:

Carlton Cole was slagging off Leon Bailey on Talksport earlier saying "I'm not even sure he's good enough to make Leverkusen's starting eleven."

The guy on with Danny Kelly now just said pretty much the exact same thing.

But, as we all know, if this was Bailey to any of the 'Sky Six' clubs, they'd be heralding him as the best thing since sliced bread...

Sliced-Bread was brilliant for Arsenal's Invincible's that season. 
No way is Bailey better than him. 😉

Bailey vs Trez is a no contest in favor of Bailey tbh. Watched enough of him in the Bundesliga to be confident about that. One off stats might be one thing but overall contribution over 90 mins Bailey is way ahead. Trez is all about popping up at the far post to slot it home, Bailey is a constant danger with scary pace, good technique and good passing.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Bailey vs Trez is a no contest in favor of Bailey tbh. Watched enough of him in the Bundesliga to be confident about that. One off stats might be one thing but overall contribution over 90 mins Bailey is way ahead. Trez is all about popping up at the far post to slot it home, Bailey is a constant danger with scary pace, good technique and good passing.

i mean, is that even a debate?, who on earth would consider that a debating point??? :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Trezeguet (Aston Villa): 23.36 mph vs Liverpool (July 5).

Leon Bailey - 22.62 mph (36.4 km/h)

The numbers don't lie

ye but Trez cant control a ball standing still, let alone at full pelt.

Trez is seriously not very good.

If you are arguing that Trez is as good as Bailey, not sure what to say to u m8, even to the point im not sure i could even debate you due to the pure manic madness of it.

Edited by MaVilla

32 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

That's not all.

Bailey successful dribble percentage: 56.9 percent

Trezeguet successful dribble percentage: 68.4 percent

The Egyptian Salah wins this round as well.

I think that might be because when Trezeguet tries to dribble it gets counted as a pass or long range effort at goal most of the time

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

That's not all.

Bailey successful dribble percentage: 56.9 percent

Trezeguet successful dribble percentage: 68.4 percent

The Egyptian Salah wins this round as well.

The what now? Is that not just, well, Salah?

EDIT: Oops, too slow.

Edited by sparrow1988

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

When is he due in training?

He hasn't signed for Villa yet mate, give it time!

In all seriousness, he apparently completed his medical in Florida last night so would take a few days to complete DD, sign and then get over to London to join the group at the training camp. 

Best guess would be Thursday/Friday. 

Just now, Steero113 said:

In all seriousness, he apparently completed his medical in Florida last night so would take a few days to complete DD, sign and then get over to London to join the group at the training camp. 

Time is ticking! Needs training minutes to be ready for the 14th. Feels like the shortest preseason ever.

I stumbled upon this today from 4-4-2 magazine from a couple of years back. He's got an interesting back story to say the least. Good article, and also there's a picture of him having a kickabout in front of a few cows.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/leon-bailey-bayer-leverkusen-kidknap-raids-and-mayonnaise-made-it-top

Apologies if it has already been posted.

....He’s still just 21, yet Bailey has already been on a long and winding road to the Bundesliga; a journey that has not only taken in Austria, Belgium, Slovakia and Germany, but included international disputes, government raids – and even the occasional kidnapping.

His story is complicated, but the goal has always been the opposite: Europe had the clubs that could offer him and adoptive brothers Kyle and Kevaughn environments capable of nurturing their precocious talent through teendom and beyond. Bailey was 12 when adoptive dad (and now agent) Craig Butler took him and his two brothers from Kingston, Jamaica on a globe-trotting adventure. He hasn’t looked back since.

It was right here in Austria where they began – Salzburg, precisely, 40 miles away from the cattle-strewn field in which FourFourTwo is photographing Bailey. You’d never know it from the relaxed demeanour of all involved – cows included – but the young prodigy has already been through far more than the average human experiences in a lifetime....

Edited by blandy
extract added

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Back to Jamaica for a couple of days after medical then to England. That's from a previous post.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Trezeguet is also rapid when at full tilt, I don't know why this never seems to be acknowledged. 

I just don't see it. I've seen the top speed stat, but my eyes tell me he is not fast. And I don't remember him ever leaving anyone in the dust.

• Like 1

Â