Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

13 hours ago, Beastmix said:

Carlton Cole was slagging off Leon Bailey on Talksport earlier saying "I'm not even sure he's good enough to make Leverkusen's starting eleven."

The guy on with Danny Kelly now just said pretty much the exact same thing.

But, as we all know, if this was Bailey to any of the 'Sky Six' clubs, they'd be heralding him as the best thing since sliced bread...

Carlton Cole Bundesliga expert, bet he couldn’t name 5 Leverkusen players

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Carlton Cole Bundesliga expert, bet he can’t even spell Leverkusen 

Fixed

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

GTFI. What a signing this lad will be. Is he faster than Gabby was at his Forest Gump peak? 

He's Jamaican mate, since 2000 they've all been interbred with the Road Runner. Do you not watch world athletics?

(He's rapid af). 

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

GTFI. What a signing this lad will be. Is he faster than Gabby was at his Forest Gump peak? 

Yeah. By a good bit too. Fastest Gabby ever clocked was 21.6mph, but Leon manages 22.6 (all stats via the Googles).  Might not sound like much but it’s about 5%, so over a short sprint (10 yards) he has an extra half-yard even on Gabby.

• Like 1

I first saw Gabby at Walsall when he was 18 years old, playing for the reserves. He played down the left wing in that match and his pace between the half way line and the corner flag was absolutely sizzling. I couldn't stop smiling all the way home.

I've think I've only seen one player with equal pace since and that was Adama Traore.

Happy days!

13 minutes ago, Enda said:

Yeah. By a good bit too. Fastest Gabby ever clocked was 21.6mph, but Leon manages 22.6 (all stats via the Googles). 

Mother of God…

(Thanks)

Yeah he's fast alright.

The 10 fastest players in Bundesliga history

1) Alphonso Davies - 22.69 mph (36.51 km/h)

2) Achraf Hakimi - 22.67 mph (36.49 km/h)

3) Leon Bailey - 22.62 mph (36.4 km/h)

You can't be a slouch when you count Usain Bolt among your friends - and nobody can accuse Bailey of being one of them. Bayer Leverkusen's Jamaican winger set the third-fastest speed since records began in the Bundesliga when he reached 22.62 mph on Matchday 33 of 2019/20 against Hertha Berlin.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/10-fastest-players-in-history-davies-haaland-hakimi-bailey-16294

Top speed reached is a weak stat for pace, I wouldn’t put too much stock in historical numbers for Gabby either. Bjorn Engels has been clocked at 22.93mph and there’s 0 chance he’s as quick as Gabby was.

He is obviously very quick though.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He's Jamaican mate, since 2000 they've all been interbred with the Road Runner. Do you not watch world athletics?

(He's rapid af). 

No doubt has the ACTN3 gene all Jamaican sprinters have. Simply chose football over athletics.

Quick as a hiccup.

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Top speed reached is a weak stat for pace, I wouldn’t put too much stock in historical numbers for Gabby either. Bjorn Engels has been clocked at 22.93mph and there’s 0 chance he’s as quick as Gabby was.

He is obviously very quick though.

Yeah Trez has been clocked at 23.36mph

Probably won't be that quick any more...

Â