Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

My personal player of the season based on how much he has improved this season. His goals/assists ratio is highly impressive too. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Khizzy said:

My personal player of the season based on how much he has improved this season. His goals/assists ratio is highly impressive too. 

Mine too. Expectation vs reality was hugely different.  He became the player i thought we bought 3 years ago. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Khizzy said:

Another thing I liked is how unfazed he would seem in entering a losing match, sometimes against big six opposition, and instantly make a difference.

When team dynamics dry up (either because it's not the day or the opponent forces it), you NEED players like Bailey to open things up.

• Like 2

On 13/05/2024 at 23:21, Tom13 said:

Tielemans and Kamara are

I agree - Bailey has done well this season. I don’t enjoy the way that he slows down the game at times, and is reluctant to take his man on.

But a very good season nonetheless - but player of the year is not for me.

On 13/05/2024 at 23:25, maltesemike said:

He’s not just playing amazingly well, he’s also becoming a leader. His fight and determination is an excellent example. This guy really cares and I agree that he’s our best player.

This.

His persona on the pitch now is just insanely different to how he was when he arrived. An absolute leader and of late, a warrior.

Him coming on against Lille away will linger long in the memory, shouting at everyone that we had time, as so it proved. Even on Monday night, I don’t like to see players arguing but that fracas between him and Ollie after he clearly should have left the ball for an onside Diaby to run on to, it just shows how much he cares, his passion for the club / shirt.

That’s before you even get into how good he’s been and the return on key statistics, he’s been electric at times, defenders now back off because they know he can destroy them. Sure he’s gone missing at times but if he didn’t he’d be one of the top players in world football and likely not still here come the start of next season.

Unbelievable turnaround and hopefully the blueprint for Diaby to follow.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

I agree - Bailey has done well this season. I don’t enjoy the way that he slows down the game at times, and is reluctant to take his man on.

But a very good season nonetheless - but player of the year is not for me.

I don't see him slowing it down much any more.. and when he does thats the tactics Emery wants. He beats players many times, plays great passes after moving inside and has been a huge goal threat.  I think he can get even better as well .  Without dissing Cash too much if we can get an elite rb then it will really help Bailey.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I don't see him slowing it down much any more.. and when he does thats the tactics Emery wants. He beats players many times, plays great passes after moving inside and has been a huge goal threat.  I think he can get even better as well .  Without dissing Cash too much if we can get an elite rb then it will really help Bailey.  

Think we must agree to disagree 👍🏻

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Daulmakan said:

Another thing I liked is how unfazed he would seem in entering a losing match, sometimes against big six opposition, and instantly make a difference.

100% agree - he seemed to really relish it, and that’s a huge asset

3 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

Think we must agree to disagree 👍🏻

I'm with you, he's been unplayable in many games, but his decision making can still improve. I can think of a few occasions where he's missed an obvious pass or delayed one too much. He did it a couple of times VS Spurs at home.

But no doubt he's had a great season overall.

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Leon Bailey helping Jamaica's public psychiatric hospital on Labor Day.

He has also donated 3,000 € (500,000 Jamaican dollars).

That’s lovely, well done Leon.

• Thanks 2

Â