Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

What’s in Florida?

A lot of crack by the look of it.

60 Times Florida Man Did Something So Crazy We Had To Read The Headings Twice

Florida is undoubtedly the most curious, wackiest and unusual state in the US, inhabited by the weirdest people ever. And no wonder, as the local Floridians have to deal with alligators, venomous snakes, seasonless climate, mosquitos and such high humidity that leaves you all wet in a second on a hot one, every day. Also, bona fide Florida state inhabitants have an old tradition of living for today, no matter the dire consequences. We are not only talking about those people who chose to live in the Everglades, as Miami Floridians are also quite kooky. And if the dire consequences do happen, it is a law to make every arrest public information, thus putting every deed of these crazy people on the spotlight.

There are tons of unbelievable headlines out there about situations that have bewildered everyone, and while there are many different individuals involved in these stories, Florida Man always takes the cake with some of the most mind-boggling examples. Thanks to a Twitter account named Florida Man that gathers "Real-life stories of the world's worst superheroes" we can share these stories of funny people with you and it's truly amazing...

https://www.boredpanda.com/hilarious-florida-man-headings/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

• Haha 1

I can attest to the oddness that is Florida.

Went on vacation there a couple of years ago and right when I was about to enjoy my steak and shrimp at a local steakhouse, this naked chick came rollerblading into the restaurant and started trying to snag food off people' plates.

I gave her some of my fried okra👍😁

Edited by Big Salad

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

His dad is also his agent, that's cool.

His dad/agent has a YouTube show discussing football. That feels like it could cause issues at some point...

His Dad is a very interesting character.

He decided he wanted to set up an academy for under privileged kids in Jamaica, and then adopted 25 (yep twenty five) kids. So he's technically just his step-dad as an agent for complicated legal reasons from what I've read. 

He has caused problems in negotiations in the past by trying to force clubs to sign more than one of his step sons at the same time and making them direct some of the transfer money for the move to his academy. He's also apparently advised Bailey to refuse to play for the Jamaican side when nobody else from this academy was called up. 

Seems like a similar situation to what used to go on in South America with people like Tevez and Mascherano. 

However this transfer seems to have gone through without too many complications, although potentially we may have been the only team with enough patience to negotiate with him and not be forced to bend to any demands.

I'm glad we've been able to get him because he looks a real talent. 

6 minutes ago, skarroki said:

His Dad is a very interesting character.

He decided he wanted to set up an academy for under privileged kids in Jamaica, and then adopted 25 (yep twenty five) kids. So he's technically just his step-dad as an agent for complicated legal reasons from what I've read. 

He has caused problems in negotiations in the past by trying to force clubs to sign more than one of his step sons at the same time and making them direct some of the transfer money for the move to his academy. He's also apparently advised Bailey to refuse to play for the Jamaican side when nobody else from this academy was called up. 

Seems like a similar situation to what used to go on in South America with people like Tevez and Mascherano. 

However this transfer seems to have gone through without too many complications, although potentially we may have been the only team with enough patience to negotiate with him and not be forced to bend to any demands.

I'm glad we've been able to get him because he looks a real talent. 

I am sure Bailey refused to play for Jamaica until his brother was called up as well, we might be OK in that not many Jamaicans will qualify for work permits so doubt we will be signing a few for the academy as part of the deal

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am sure Bailey refused to play for Jamaica until his brother was called up as well, we might be OK in that not many Jamaicans will qualify for work permits so doubt we will be signing a few for the academy as part of the deal

Bailey refused because one of his step-brothers wasn't called up, one of Cutler's kids, from the same academy. 

I hadn't considered the work permit aspect so maybe that stopped any negotiations on that front. 

I don't think it's curtains for El Ghazi or Traore or anything like that. Jamaica have a pretty chunky world cup qualifying schedule from Sept through to November. It's not like European qualifiers where the international window will finish after a Tuesday or Wednesday night game. Players probably back at BMH the next day. Jamaica are in the final qualifying zone too with the big guns like the US and Mexico so can't really let European based players sit it out. A good signing but folk may need to realise we might not get him week in week out, initally.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I don't think it's curtains for El Ghazi or Traore or anything like that. Jamaica have a pretty chunky world cup qualifying schedule from Sept through to November. It's not like European qualifiers where the international window will finish after a Tuesday or Wednesday night game. Players probably back at BMH the next day. Jamaica are in the final qualifying zone too with the big guns like the US and Mexico so can't really let European based players sit it out. A good signing but folk may need to realise we might not get him week in week out, initally.

Plus there's not timescale on Trez's return. It's healthy and more elite competition that will get everyone upping their game.

This signing is a real coup for us, no doubt about it. He looks exactly like the type of all action winger that the fans will instantly take too. Also looks like he can be relied on to play too a decent standard as a centre forward aswell, which is reassuring. This looks like a much better deal for us than the Rashica one would have been. His pace is truly electrifying, will definitely dismantle a few defences this year with him in the team

Yep . His pace is super scary . But he plays with his head up as well and isnt particularly greedy say like Anwar tends to be. A very very astute signing and he doesnt seem to have an attitude problem at all from the interviews i have watched. He is another player that hasnt come through the normal way which is what Deano seems to like. Something huge to prove and will work hard to achieve that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You’ve definitely taken the most negative possible spin from it. Alternatively, he talks about Villa being primed to break the top 6 and Bailey being a part of that, and he says that whether Grealish stays or goes it doesn’t matter, there’s more substance to the club than just one player. He didn’t seem to know any more than you or I in that regard. Seeing as the decision appears to be Jack Grealish’s to make, there’s only one person who will. 

You’re absolutely right. I definitely took the most negative spin possible. It has been a weird weekend! This rollercoaster of emotions is just too much! 

If you want him summed up in 1 game then this would be ideal. Unreal Pace and awareness and lethal finishing off either foot. For reference this was the same weekend Jack scored the curler at Old Trafford

Edited by MWARLEY2
Missed a bit
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Feel sorry for Bailey, this should be a much bigger wow moment but has been smothered a lot with all the talk over Grealish.  Getting Bailey is a huge coup for us, both the player and his style is exactly what we need.

He'll get his day with the photographer and cameras

Jack in the background photo bombing him

Carlton Cole was slagging off Leon Bailey on Talksport earlier saying "I'm not even sure he's good enough to make Leverkusen's starting eleven."

The guy on with Danny Kelly now just said pretty much the exact same thing.

But, as we all know, if this was Bailey to any of the 'Sky Six' clubs, they'd be heralding him as the best thing since sliced bread...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Everton fans seem pretty upset by this one. They've been obsessing over him for a few years. 

At least they still have Delph and Sigurðsson to be happy about.

Â