Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I've no idea what this means but it doesn't sound good

Larvae Ball is hilarious.

Basically trash talked, and whored his sons around the place to get them into the NBA.

NONE of them anywhere near as good as he thinks or talked them up to be.

He's entertaining though.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

LaVar Ball had some sons heading into the NBA and he was an absolutely nightmare for awhile. Haven’t heard from him much in awhile.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/presents19367606/how-lonzo-ball-father-lavar-ball-captured-our-attention

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Dad of two NBA players. When his first son was being drafted he was all over the media claiming his son was going to be better than Jordan and demanding that the lakers should draft him. Then when his son turned out to be pretty poor for a top draft pick he was out there publicly slating the coach and other players. 

To be fair, Baileys dad doesn't seem as bad but just the initial vibe I got from him. 

Re: His Dad.

Problem is, with where we are, and the types of players we want, we will have to start dealing with some strange agents/characters etc. until we are powerful enough to tell them to piss off.

I don't think Leon's " Dad " is slimey though, just protective and trying to get the best for his " sons ".

Doubt it's malicious but need to do some more digging myself.

If you check out Leon's life story and see where the " Dad " has come from with them, it might shed better light.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

As far as I can see his step dad just loves football and what’s the best for his son. Nothing wrong with that. Many top sports stars the world over have enthusiastic parents driving them on. Some come across a bit weird (eg the Williams sisters), but on the whole most are normal. 

• Like 1

His father from the interviews I've seen on his YouTube seems like someone who will push Leon to higher standards and he'll probably be looking at us to push up the table too. 

His comments the other day re us pushing the top 6 and winning things are good to hear. To paraphrase " either he'll improve and leave Villa and join one of the top clubs or he'll improve that much he'll take Villa there to win the title ".

He isn't Messing around.

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Larvae Ball is hilarious.

Basically trash talked, and whored his sons around the place to get them into the NBA.

NONE of them anywhere near as good as he thinks or talked them up to be.

He's entertaining though.

I thought the one at the Hornets, LaMelo, was supposed to be quite good. Won Rookie of the Year last year (albeit wasn't from the strongest draft class).

Agree is dad is the king of trash talk though 

Â