Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Apparently the agent gets a call at some point during that podcast and says the medical has been passed too.

I haven't got 2 hours to listen to the whole thing to prove it though.. has anyone seen that in there?

No. He says he’s doing his medical in Florida as we speak, but personal terms have already been agreed.

4 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

From what Ive heard he would be a great addition to the team BUT we should keep AeG as IMHO he looks much better than  last season so far  

Depends on interest, in theory his peak sales value is now, if someone comes in with a sensible offer then we should cash in, if they don't then we won't 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Apparently the agent gets a call at some point during that podcast and says the medical has been passed too.

I haven't got 2 hours to listen to the whole thing to prove it though.. has anyone seen that in there?

44mins

30 minutes ago, villanmac said:

44mins

ah great thanks

So, Personal terms agreed and Medical done. Should be ready to announce tonight or tomorrow.

Then he's back to Jamaica for a bit to see his grandparents. Hopefully he's full vaccinated so he doesn't have to quarantine for 8-10 days when he lands in as Jamaica is on the Amber list. Hopefully available for Watford but likely not for Sevilla.

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Hmmm. So, couple of things just from that clip… he will come to us for 2/3 years and perform… before, what? Leaving for Man City? 

He also seemed to know that Grealish was leaving… as in, didn’t say anything to suggest that might not be the case… 

7 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Hmmm. So, couple of things just from that clip… he will come to us for 2/3 years and perform… before, what? Leaving for Man City? 

He also seemed to know that Grealish was leaving… as in, didn’t say anything to suggest that might not be the case… 

I watched a few mins of it earlier, he mentioned grealish and talked about how Jack, Bailey, Watkins buendia would be a fantastic forward line. I don't think he genuinely has any info on grealish. 

I also have no doubt they see this as a possible stepping stone, however he did say villa are a team on the up and even if grealish went they'd spend another 100m on talent anyway so he expect Bailey to playing with loads of quality either way.

Edited by VillaJay

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I've no problem with this. The same was said with Luiz. We can't really second guess what's going to happen a few years down the line. The aim is to get to the place where you absolutely don't have to sell your best players. The reality is there are 3 to 4 clubs in England max that can do that. We aren't though and we've a way to go. If Leon Bailey helps us get onto Europe and we exponentially increase our profit on him, it means he'll of played well for us. We've to get to a point where winning trophies is the aim and you've to put work in to get there. I'd actually love to see us have a cup run this year.

• Like 1

Â