Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

12 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

This came up on my YouTube. Some nice goals and the music, while still annoying, isn't a rubbish ballad

His skill is phenomenal, but you tube clips don't  cover consistency.....accepting wingers are by definition rarely consistent.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Trezeguet is also rapid when at full tilt, I don't know why this never seems to be acknowledged. 

59 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I just don't see it. I've seen the top speed stat, but my eyes tell me he is not fast. And I don't remember him ever leaving anyone in the dust.

5 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I'm the same, trust my eyes a lot more than stats. 

I remember last season someone posted a stat showing Engels as the 5th quickest player in the league or something.

Like you say I've never seen Trez beat anyone for pace either, I wouldn't say he's slow but he definitely doesn't have elite speed

to be fair Trez is fast, the problem comes when you actually have to control a ball at pace.

So yeah, Trez might be able to run really fast in a straight line, but we all know he has the control of a new born foal.

Bailey is fast, but he is also pretty fast with the ball at his feet, and can mostly control it while at pace.

So in a nutshell, its about control of the ball at pace, not just pace......ofc.

re Engels, yeah....he might be fast, but what it doesnt say is he turns like a barge and takes time to get up to that speed, as we all know, in football usually acceleration to a high speed over 10 metres is more important than max speed over 50m (usually).

Edited by MaVilla

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Is Leon even in the UK yet? Was it late yesterday that he was reported to have passed the medical in Florida? So it’s possible he’ll be on this evening’s overnight flight unless there was a private one sorted. I’m assuming there will then be isolation to serve.

hope he dosent get second thoughts

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Is Leon even in the UK yet? Was it late yesterday that he was reported to have passed the medical in Florida? So it’s possible he’ll be on this evening’s overnight flight unless there was a private one sorted. I’m assuming there will then be isolation to serve.

Think quarantine rules for usa and other places changed today so if negative on tests no isolation period.

55 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hope Jack saga sorted before this guy signs. He need to be in the limelight and feel like he has just signed for a very well supported club. 

Bailey's father spoke on his stream about Grealish, someone asked him about Grealish staying or leaving, and Leon's father basically said, "im not concerned, if he stays great, if not they have a lot of money to spend to improve the team, Villa want to progress so will spend it"......or basically something like that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, djdabush said:

That was some pretty impressive build up play from that other lad, we should have a look at signing him...

Laughed when I realised it was him, the cross was on brand too. 

• Haha 1

Â