Tammy Abraham

nick76

On 20/03/2022 at 22:46, villa4europe said:

Broken montella and batistutas record of 21 goals in his debut season

8 league games left to go

Montella and Batistuta didn't have a level as low as the Conference League to play in though tbf, in which Abraham has scored 7.

47 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Montella and Batistuta didn't have a level as low as the Conference League to play in though tbf, in which Abraham has scored 7.

No but Tammy is also on course to break his league record for Roma in a debut season in a weaker team

Good for him, but judging by how shit Lukaku has looked either side of his spell in Italy I’m not convinced he would come back to England and tear it up (especially with the weight of a £100m transfer on his shoulders).

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Good for him, but judging by how shit Lukaku has looked either side of his spell in Italy I’m not convinced he would come back to England and tear it up (especially with the weight of a £100m transfer on his shoulders).

Two different men. Two different players. 

I back Tammy to ace any league he plays in. Always rated him highly as he's an intelligent footballer with the skills to go with, the physicality, most important of all, the mentality. 

He may well not meet expectations if the price does get to 100m. However I reckon he'll be a very talented and effective striker for some time to come. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I'm not sure why so many managers struggle to get the best out of Lukaku and don't play him to his fairly obvious looking strengths 

From the little I saw of Tammy when he first went to roma and the comments I saw on their message boards his work rate seemed to set him apart, covered every blade of grass type striker that the fans loved the effort and he himself looked really happy and buzzing to be there, I think in the PL that would get lost a little, Watkins for us for example it's completely lost on a lot of fans 

The thing I noticed during Tammy’s time here is he doesn’t hide. He keeps getting into goal scoring positions, he may miss a few but you know he will be back in there again next time sniffing out a chance. I put that down to his personality and think he is a very confident person, who will always back himself. I think that is a very important trait for a footballer who wants to go to the top.

I liked Tammy, and would have been happy to see him line up again in a Villa shirt. I will always be grateful for his efforts in our promotion season. Sadly, I don’t think we will see him pulling on a Villa shirt again.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Fabio Cappello has said Tammy is ripping it up because Serie A is effectively shit. Also used Lukaku as an example of it. 

Not what I read, he blamed coaches for trying to be like Guardiola and playing from the back this has led to players who press like Lukaku and Tammy getting lots of goals

He wants teams to play more like Klopp 

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not what I read, he blamed coaches for trying to be like Guardiola and playing from the back this has led to players who press like Lukaku and Tammy getting lots of goals

He wants teams to play more like Klopp 

I read it as he was saying both. Teams pass it about to much doing pointless passes which makes it easy for strikers like Lukaku and Tammy. But that the league and style of play was also not good enough compared to other countries saying that they didn't have good enough players to play a 'Spanish' style and should try a 'German' or 'Italian' one (his words not mine). 

• Like 1

On 24/03/2022 at 12:21, Tom13 said:

Laughable

Apparently they can slap what ever price they want on him. He has a 65 million pound release clause, so unless they change his contract, which I doubt they can if he wants to leave, the next team to sign him will be paying 65 million, no more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Apparently they can slap what ever price they want on him. He has a 65 million pound release clause, so unless they change his contract, which I doubt they can if he wants to leave, the next team to sign him will be paying 65 million, no more.

For Chelsea only

9 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

So Chelsea will sign him back then sell him for profit? haven’t Barcelona done it before? 

Well Chelsea buyback is 70million. Not sure they can even pay it now

15 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Nick76 knew this boy was a baller all day long. He'd be brilliant on our bench as an option, I say get him 

I’m happy for the kid.

Came to us on loan, did an incredible job for us, went back to his boyhood club to see if he could make it there, and when it was assumed he couldn’t? He went to another massive club and seems to be doing spectacularly well for himself.

Gwan Tammy!

• Like 4

On 26/03/2022 at 19:54, foreveryoung said:

Chelsea have a buyback clause, But can’t activate until he’s been at Roma 2 years for £68m  apparently.

• Like 1

Â