Tammy Abraham

nick76

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

No they wouldn't, why would they charge us less than Arsenal were offering

Chelsea also demanded a buyback clause

Thats speculation. Neither  of us know that. But the facts are arsenal are direct rivals they would rather sell to us than them.

I dont think we were ever interested in bringing him backbfor some reason and i dont think its price

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats speculation. Neither  of us know that. But the facts are arsenal are direct rivals they would rather sell to us than them.

I dont think we were ever interested in bringing him backbfor some reason and i dont think its price

I don't think Tammy ever wanted to come back anyway

On 15/02/2022 at 16:56, Demitri_C said:

We totally cocked up by not signing him. Im so disappointed as i think we could have got him. Instead we kept watkins is no where enar as good as tammy is.

Tammy is considerably better than Watkins and Ings. 

However we have Leon Bailey who could be world class.

I love Tammy, complete striker and a team player. He'll go further than he has for sure. And you never know maybe one day that's with us.

On 15/02/2022 at 05:56, Demitri_C said:

We totally cocked up by not signing him. Im so disappointed as i think we could have got him. Instead we kept watkins is no where enar as good as tammy is.

Not sure it was ever feasible.

He backed himself to be a Chelsea starter when we were a newly promoted side, and the Chelsea transfer ban didn't help us at all on that front, as it did look for a while like he might actually do it.

And then summer 2021 we'd have had to convince him to fight for his place with Ollie Watkins, who'd just had a good season, and is a similar profile of player... and with Grealish gone, European qualification unlikely, etc. just can't see why he'd have gone for it.

Agree with you that he'd have been very good here if he'd come, though.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would've been a much better signing than Ings that's for sure.

Did Roma sign him for similar price?

Chelsea sold him for less than Arsenal were apparently offering and have a buyback which is probably useless now. I think they were happy taking a hit to send him abroad

I also think him and Watkins might have been even worse than Ings/Watkins combo

Edited by Zatman

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea sold him for less than Arsenal were apparently offering and have a buyback which is probably useless now. I think they were happy taking a hit to send him abroad

Way Ollie has generally been playing he'd have been the starting CF here most of the season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think tammy would have benn significantly better than watkins amd watkins would be benched. Only reason watkins is playing is because ings has not been great either (although he has not been given as many chances as watkins has a sole striker)

• Like 1

Â