Tammy Abraham

nick76

**** incredible today. Roma were very deep and compact but he managed to drop between the 3 central defenders and Atalanta's midfield and work soooo hard keeping, recycling and winning the ball, being positive, scored 2, not afraid to receive the ball with 2 or 3 Atalanta players closing him down and having the wherewithal and the feet to get Roma going forwards.

Looks like he's still getting better, there's more to come from him he's becoming a legend in Rome too. If he sticks with Mourinho for a couple of years here he'll be one of the best strikers in Europe.

6 hours ago, romavillan said:

**** incredible today. Roma were very deep and compact but he managed to drop between the 3 central defenders and Atalanta's midfield and work soooo hard keeping, recycling and winning the ball, being positive, scored 2, not afraid to receive the ball with 2 or 3 Atalanta players closing him down and having the wherewithal and the feet to get Roma going forwards.

Looks like he's still getting better, there's more to come from him he's becoming a legend in Rome too. If he sticks with Mourinho for a couple of years here he'll be one of the best strikers in Europe.

Becoming a legend. Twenty four games in. Blimey.

11 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Becoming a legend. Twenty four games in. Blimey.

Ha maybe "a bit of a legend" would be better, you get the idea though he's a big hit over here. Not just with the Roma fans either he's on the way to being a bit of a media darling too 😀

If we can get him after his Roman holiday in a few years he'll be at his peak, hopefully at that point we'll be in Europe...

57 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Ha maybe "a bit of a legend" would be better, you get the idea though he's a big hit over here. Not just with the Roma fans either he's on the way to being a bit of a media darling too 😀

If we can get him after his Roman holiday in a few years he'll be at his peak, hopefully at that point we'll be in Europe...

He was booed off a few weeks back by the fans. More fickle than Villa 😂

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He was booed off a few weeks back by the fans. More fickle than Villa 😂

They've calmed down a lot to be fair, used to be that they'd **** the players cars up at Trigoria (the training ground) if they thought they'd had a bad game!

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

They've calmed down a lot to be fair, used to be that they'd **** the players cars up at Trigoria (the training ground) if they thought they'd had a bad game!

What's your link with Roma, RomaVillan? I'd love to catch a game there one day.

Moved to Rome in 2005, then out to the Castelli Romani about 10 years ago. The Olimpico has the running track but the views aren't as bad as you'd think with that in the way and if you go in the curva sud to a bigger game the atmosphere is really good. 

26 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Moved to Rome in 2005, then out to the Castelli Romani about 10 years ago. The Olimpico has the running track but the views aren't as bad as you'd think with that in the way and if you go in the curva sud to a bigger game the atmosphere is really good. 

I went to a few games there in my younger days!  Salas debut for Lazio in 98 in a cup match was my first.  Then Roma v Inter a few years later last game of the season.  Then the big one Lazio v Roma it was like Cape Canaveral before kick off with all the fireworks and so on.  I was dodging bottles and everything as was next to the Roma fans in the Lazio end.

Great City.  Great food.  Highly recommended!  Tickets were quite easy to get in those days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S-Platt said:

I went to a few games there in my younger days!  Salas debut for Lazio in 98 in a cup match was my first.  Then Roma v Inter a few years later last game of the season.  Then the big one Lazio v Roma it was like Cape Canaveral before kick off with all the fireworks and so on.  I was dodging bottles and everything as was next to the Roma fans in the Lazio end.

Great City.  Great food.  Highly recommended!  Tickets were quite easy to get in those days.

Nice, Rome in the late 90's early 2000's was a different place to now, had much more of a smile on it's face, seemed really free. Was loads of fun then, I caught the end of a really good time for the city and left after it started changing. You could go out have a couple, go to a great place to eat, then on to somewhere else and somewhere else... then something to eat at 5 in the morning and on to somewhere else... that's all gone now. Everyone's in a proper bad mood in town now! Shame. out here in the castelli is cool though and I'm a lot older. I take in some serie C action more than serie A, at cynthia genzano mostly or even lower down the pyramid at lanuvio. Still get to the olimpico a few times a year, followed rome a few times away when totti and de rossi were still playing. Parma is a great ground and city, san siro, napoli, bologna....

My boy has decided he's a Roma fan so will start taking him a bit now he's getting bigger. Sounds like you got some good games in, when the olimpico is rocking it's great, really different atmosphere to the uk. Still easy enough to get tickets. I bet Tammy is liking the food, if you've got the cash you can still enjoy the best of Rome so it'll be no probs for him 😀

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Great against Inter in the cup match.

We totally cocked up by not signing him. Im so disappointed as i think we could have got him. Instead we kept watkins is no where enar as good as tammy is.

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We totally cocked up by not signing him. Im so disappointed as i think we could have got him. Instead we kept watkins is no where enar as good as tammy is.

Chelsea wouldn't sell him to a Premier League club and accepted a lower fee from Roma than Arsenal were offering. We never had a chance 

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea wouldn't sell him to a Premier League club and accepted a lower fee from Roma than Arsenal were offering. We never had a chance 

They would havw sold him to us, we are not a threat to chelsea and not rivals like arsenal are. We opted for ings instead

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They would havw sold him to us, we are not a threat to chelsea and not rivals like arsenal are. We opted for ings instead

No they wouldn't, why would they charge us less than Arsenal were offering

Chelsea also demanded a buyback clause

Â