Tammy Abraham

nick76

On 27/03/2022 at 08:57, DJ_Villain said:

I’m happy for the kid.

Came to us on loan, did an incredible job for us, went back to his boyhood club to see if he could make it there, and when it was assumed he couldn’t? He went to another massive club and seems to be doing spectacularly well for himself.

Gwan Tammy!

Yep, I'm a big Tammy fan. Great professional and an interesting player.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, nick76 said:

Scoring again but apparently wasn’t good enough for us according to some🙄

wasnt a case of "good enough"

but i think we've definitely seen this season that buying the 2nd striker hasn't worked out, we cant play 2 up top and its an assumption but buying watkins competition has had a negative impact on him rather than positive

hindsight is me saying that we should have sold watkins last summer and bought tammy which id have never said last summer with watkins having a great season, we dont even use watkins press anymore which was key to us last year and tammy isnt as good at

And people were laughing at me when they said he wouldnt be happy being on the bench as watkins would be the main man.

Tammy is a much superior striker to watkins.

Im really happy for him though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

And people were laughing at me when they said he wouldnt be happy being on the bench as watkins would be the main man.

Tammy is a much superior striker to watkins.

Im really happy for him though.

So is Ings who is mainly the 2nd striker as well so Tammy would probably be in the same position as Ings

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

So is Ings who is mainly the 2nd striker as well so Tammy would probably be in the same position as Ings

I think tammy is better than both ings and watkins tbh.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think tammy is better than both ings and watkins tbh.

This year I would agree

Last summer when we built our team around a high press and Watkins was as good as anyone at it I didn't 

Tammy is a better fit to Gerrards villa for sure

Also worth pointing out Roma are a better team than us, Tammy would score less goals in this mess of a Villa team 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

This year I would agree

Last summer when we built our team around a high press and Watkins was as good as anyone at it I didn't 

Tammy is a better fit to Gerrards villa for sure

Also worth pointing out Roma are a better team than us, Tammy would score less goals in this mess of a Villa team 

Roma midfield is one of the best outside the Champions League with Pellegrini, Cristante, Veretout, Oliveira, Zaniolo and Mkhitaryan all providing him chances plus Karsdorp and Spinazzola now returning from out wide

Mourinho has made them enjoyable to watch

Edited by Zatman

Imagine tammy havin countinho  bailey, buendia as creative outlets. Tammy would thrive.

If he is made available id sell ings off and try bring him back. It would cost over 60m without question but i think he be worth it.  

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Imagine tammy havin countinho  bailey, buendia as creative outlets. Tammy would thrive.

If he is made available id sell ings off and try bring him back. It would cost over 60m without question but i think he be worth it.  

Why would he be available? What benefit would Roma have for selling him and why would he leave Rome to live in Birmingham 

Even the team he played with isnt here anymore, its just Mings, Hause and McGinn and some of them might not be here after the summer 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Why would he be available? What benefit would Roma have for selling him and why would he leave Rome to live in Birmingham 

Even the team he played with isnt here anymore, its just Mings, Hause and McGinn and some of them might not be here after the summer 

Thats the big question if he is missing England.  Otherwise makes no sense for him to come back.

FWIW (not a lot),

I was personally Abraham joining us in the last 2 summer windows. Reason being, for us in the championship he was wasteful in front of goal. Yes he scored, but he would miss 2/3 very good opportunities a game. In the premier league for us he wouldn't get that many chances.

I don't watch much Italian football but it looks like his finishing is getting a lot better. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but he was a risky proposition at that time, especially as we already has Watkins.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats the big question if he is missing England.  Otherwise makes no sense for him to come back.

Premier league is where the money is. Like what Serie A was like in the late 80s/early 90s. I am sure he will be be back within 18 months or so. The Roma move has been a good one  for him but if someone like Newcastle come in, he would be off like a shot.

Main question is why would he want to come back to the prem?

Bit frustrating anyway 12 months back endless people arguing there was no point saying him as Ollie was just this amazing striker. Now here we are with Watkins having a more limited second season and we've got an older Tammy in Ings who hasn't scored many goals at all for numerous reasons.

Think this ship has sailed anyway as he won't want to just join a mid table team on his eventual return.

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

wasnt a case of "good enough"

but i think we've definitely seen this season that buying the 2nd striker hasn't worked out, we cant play 2 up top and its an assumption but buying watkins competition has had a negative impact on him rather than positive

hindsight is me saying that we should have sold watkins last summer and bought tammy which id have never said last summer with watkins having a great season, we dont even use watkins press anymore which was key to us last year and tammy isnt as good at

I think if we'd finished a bit higher and actually qualified for europa he'd have certainly considered us but the pull of sun in Rome and Mourinho would've probably been too hard to turn down.

I very much doubt under DS we'd have just dumped Ollie on the bench after his successful first season but ultimately he hasn't kicked on to become better and instead now looks every inch a mid table prem striker with all those pros and cons. 

Sometimes you do have to play the long game and we'd certainly be stronger with Tammy as lead CF and Ollie as alternative on the bench compared to probably having to go into next season hoping one of him or Ings can hit the ground running or Gerrard can work out an effective system for both.

Don't forget aswell in July people on here were genuinely arguing they were happy for us to play another season with just Wesley and Davis as back up!

Edited by VillaChris

Â