Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

23 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I clearly edited. I thought this was the Ward-Prowse thread. Loads of people get the threads mixed up. 

Come now, I kid. That was clearly a JWP post. But I do admire your conviction and assertiveness in posts. You always hook me in even when there is sometimes only ‘small’ truth to your statements. I suppose it’s testament to the adage that it’s not what you say but how you say it.

‘Contrary X player has more free kicks won per 90 than mainstream Y player therefore X player is better at dribbling than player Y. Duh you dummies!’ Hmm I think maybe Moto has a point.

Someone posts the actual stats that contradict this.

‘Well I meant more free kicks won in last 15 mins per 90 mins so therefore my point stands, also if you combine this stat with the throw ins won per last 5 min when opposition is at home, clearly what I said is absolute objective truth’. Well hot damn.

’Whoops I misread those. However, my point still stands, if you look at just the last 10 games when dribbling is most likely to be an important match moment and you will clearly see that I am right to hold my contrarian view.’

You’re certainly one not to follow a crowd. Anyway, what do you make of ESR?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Come now, I kid. That was clearly a JWP post. But I do admire your conviction and assertiveness in posts. You always hook me in even when there is sometimes only ‘small’ truth to your statements. I suppose it’s testament to the adage that it’s not what you say but how you say it.

‘Contrary X player has more free kicks won per 90 than mainstream Y player therefore X player is better at dribbling than player Y. Duh you dummies!’ Hmm I think maybe Moto has a point.

‘Well I meant more free kicks won in last 15 mins per 90 mins so therefore my point stands, also if you combine this stat with the throw ins won per last 5 min when opposition is at home, clearly what I said is absolute objective truth’. Well hot damn.

’Whoops I misread those. However, my point still stands, if you look at just the last 10 games when dribbling is most likely to be an important match moment and you will clearly see that I am right to hold my contrarian view.’

You’re certainly one not to follow a crowd. Anyway, what do you make of ESR?

I have no clue about him. His stats don't look amazing specifically in regards to his dribbling.

His passing looks very good though.

But I have not noticed him in any games I've watched so I have no clue. 

• Thanks 1

Arsenal cannot allow this to happen for their reputation. 

I think Emile Smith-Rowe is about to sign a contract beyond his wildest dreams. Probably in the region of £30m guaranteed.

Would be hilarious if we pushed it through.

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think Emile Smith-Rowe is about to sign a contract beyond his wildest dreams. Probably in the region of £30m guaranteed.

I was just reading this thinking 'laughable, he'll never get that much it's just a stupid thing to say' and then worked out that £30m is 'only' £115k a week over 5 years and...well, yeah...probably. 

Madness what players make 🤣

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

LOL

One of the replies to that tweet, simple but funny........

"Sorry to ask as I know Journos might find it offensive but how reliable are you?? Don't want to get my hopes up"

An even funnier reply is someone asking Gregg Evans and Ashley Preece if it's true!  :crylaugh:

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What's even more funny is the Arsenal fan on twitter before it popped up of a 30 mill bid was placed (at least I think it was before we placed a 30 mill bid) he had said that i think. I had told him to stop bein daft for saying that they should make us put in a bid of 48 mill and then turn us down, I said no way 30 mill he's coming to us. 

The same person also had said Grealish was off to them and we were preparing for life without him, sure I said what planet you on 🤣.

So if it happens I'll be buzzing (first bit) second bit hes just mental.

Edited by Dave-R

Just been reading the Arsenal forum, there's an awful lot that seem to despise us I wonder why.

There a few on there forum that understand why were cherry picking certain players from them.

ESR would certainly grow under Smith, he develops players and not hides them from gameplay like Arsenal do.

Can we land the fella that's the big question, I would go all out for him just to pee the ones who keep calling us a small club off even more than they already are.

Good read on there forums for around 11 pages, also seen one of our resident Villans is on there telling them what for lol, still not storing the pot enough though he's not.

Come on Villa sign this lad he deserves a good home that will nurture his gifts even more.

Aside from the fact that it would piss Arsenal fans off massively, is he actually worth over £30 mil? I haven’t seen loads of him outside of highlights but in the matches I have seen including the Villa Park game, can’t say I’ve been that impressed. 

Willing to be told otherwise but I think there are better value signings out there.

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Aside from the fact that it would piss Arsenal fans off massively, is he actually worth over £30 mil? I haven’t seen loads of him outside of highlights but in the matches I have seen including the Villa Park game, can’t say I’ve been that impressed. 

Willing to be told otherwise but I think there are better value signings out there.

He’s class and he’ll only get better, he’ll only get better over the coming years, on top of that he’s beautiful I think 

44 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Just been reading the Arsenal forum, there's an awful lot that seem to despise us I wonder why.

Reading this thread here on villatalk and everyone obsessed with Arsenal fans and forums definitely suggests a few possible reasons as to why. 

9 hours ago, PieFacE said:

This I guess?

You reckon the rumours of the Arse being tight for cash, means we are offering full fee up front to be competitive here? Just trying to understand the bids.

Ok, get your KW gifs out.

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

What's even more funny is the Arsenal fan on twitter before it popped up of a 30 mill bid was placed (at least I think it was before we placed a 30 mill bid) he had said that i think. I had told him to stop bein daft for saying that they should make us put in a bid of 48 mill and then turn us down, I said no way 30 mill he's coming to us. 

The same person also had said Grealish was off to them and we were preparing for life without him, sure I said what planet you on 🤣.

So if it happens I'll be buzzing (first bit) second bit hes just mental.

You're literally doing the same thing he is with Grealish with Esr!