Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

Just now, MotoMkali said:

They play in different positions but Buendia can play LW or CAM or RW and Jack can play LW or CAM and Traore can play RW or CAM. And El Ghazi can play LW and Alvarez can play RW, ST and has 2 goals and 5 assists in his 5 games as a LW or CAM. 

Can but (and I know you disagree so let’s not argue) Jack plays LW.  Really out of all those you mention only Jack and Buendia would play CAM and I would assume both are playing wide in our system.  I think the focus from Villa is ESR as CAM.  It’s not about what they can play but about what they will play, given the apparent bids ESR is their target for CAM.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Can but (and I know you disagree so let’s not argue) Jack plays LW.  Really out of all those you mention only Jack and Buendia would play CAM and I would assume both are playing wide in our system.  I think the focus from Villa is ESR as CAM.  It’s not about what they can play but about what they will play, given the apparent bids ESR is their target for CAM.

I think we signed a winger because the idea is to play Jack CAM. Because he gets the ball more there and is harder to nullify as he can't be marked out of games. 

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I think we signed a winger because the idea is to play Jack CAM. Because he gets the ball more there and is harder to nullify as he can't be marked out of games. 

I know you think that and have promoted that for months and months but I dont agree and think he's better at LW for reasons we have discussed, debated and argued about.  Alvarez is still a bit unknown and maybe our back up striker solution who can play on the wings if necessary.  

We actually dont know what the situation is for ESR, JWP or Alvarez.  The only thing we have confirmed is that we bid for ESR but what that means I dont know.  This Alvarez thing is all new information so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.  JWP rumour seems to be dead.  I'm not convinced we'd bid for ESR once definitely and look like a second one has gone in/going in/to be placed this week depending on your source if it was ESR or Alvarez especially when they play different positions.  That doesnt make sense. 

• Like 1

Not 100% convinced about the Alvarez link anyway, would love both JWP and ESR but suspect it’s one or the other? Out of those two ESR has the greater potential given his age, however JWP would suit or system better. Also I feel a deal for ESR would be less likely given that he’s at Arsenal and they clearly want to keep him, although it’s pretty much fare game until he signs that new contract, so you never know.

7 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Which arsenal forum please mate?

Here you go.

Some of the comments may annoy you so be prepared.

I've made it simple for those who'd like to read it starts around that page maybe page 10.

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/emile-smith-rowe-out.34437/page-11

29 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Not 100% convinced about the Alvarez link anyway, would love both JWP and ESR but suspect it’s one or the other? Out of those two ESR has the greater potential given his age, however JWP would suit or system better. Also I feel a deal for ESR would be less likely given that he’s at Arsenal and they clearly want to keep him, although it’s pretty much fare game until he signs that new contract, so you never know.

Was just reading a Twitter account and they reckoned it was a done deal for 20 mill then in the comments a guy had said it's not a reliable source but he himself was from Argentina and it was close.

Take what you will from it.

7 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

I’d put money on it that it’s out of jealousy...

I still hate Man City for how they cherry picked us year-after-year which indirectly (yet I still managed to direct appropriate blame their way) led to our relegation...

Its happening to Arsenal...

A team who had recent history for not doing so well, struggling with relegation etc. gets ultra rich owners, starts being managed correctly and gets a bit of ambition after the addition of one of two good players...

Suddenly, we are cherry picking their players as they are logically the lowest hanging fruit and their players are more likely to want to leave them to join us rather than those at City and Chelsea...

And naturally, L’Arse fans don’t like it... They feel like they are being replaced and slipping into anonymity...

and they probably are... which is why they wanted to sign up to the Super League so badly so they could keep some warped sense of self-importance

Well some of those fans were saying on the forum I've linked just in a post that if we got out hands on ESR that they would be finished with the club, dedicated or what uh, not like us who went through harsh time and stuck by our club.

These so called top clubs, the moment they get into trouble many of there fans would just up and go support the next top bastard. Us however were more like a religious cult following, hardcore no matter what our club does or where our club is we don't leave Villa for no reason but death itself, until the very end..

18 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I have no clue about him. His stats don't look amazing specifically in regards to his dribbling.

His passing looks very good though.

But I have not noticed him in any games I've watched so I have no clue. 

I actually think his stats do look good, especially for a 20 year old emerging no10 in his breakout senior season? (4 goals and 7 assists in the league and cups, but only really starting at Christmas). He looks a good physical sort with some growing to do, and sticks his foot in too. A lot of expectation and competition at Arsenal, easy to underperform against that pressure. 

IF we had managed to finish above arsenal then I think we stand more of a chance and would be more confident.  For all the talk about which team is in the ascendancy/decline, they are still a very good team with quality throughout the squad and are only a few Waite signings short of challenging for CL 4th place again. They are closer than we are sadly . 

39 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If, and it’s a big if, the Smith Rowe rumours are true, is this something we’re looking at as well as Alvarez? Don’t think they play in the same position so assume it is.

I would guess that if we get ESR we sell AEG. Same with Alvarez; Wesley or Davis are leaving then.

• Like 1