Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

22 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We’ve either bid genuinely and in good faith, or we haven’t. There’s no game playing. We’re a serious football club ran by serious men. 

Where's the fun in that?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Some noise on Facebook that he’s signed a 4 yr deal for us. Doubt it’s true. 

Think it's very unlikely tbh. Would be at least one journo talking about it if true. 

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Some noise on Facebook that he’s signed a 4 yr deal for us. Doubt it’s true. 

It's a decent Photoshop job to be fair... Lol

His head is just a bit too big though.

He's not Scott Hogan ffs

• Haha 1

I think I remember reading that Nassef Sawiris or Wes Edens has been to a lot of Arsenal games. Don’t remember which. Maybe it’s something among the billionaires, real greaseball shit.

slightly concerned that we’re losing Grealish and getting the replacements in beforehand.

While its fun tweaking Arsenal fans I do wonder if this could happen.

I mean if you were Emile Smith Rowe this summer watching international football and you had a choice between playing with Grealish, Mings, Martinez, Beundia, McGinn  vs Tierney , Partey,  Saka , Xhaka, Aubameyang... well, I would wonder.

The North London giants know very well he's going to sign a new contract with them, and are using our name to make it look like they've got one over us after the Martinez and Buendia business, when he does finally sign.

Even if Smith Rowe was to come out and declare his intentions to leave and they in their turn agreed to sell him, we'd stand little chance of signing him as there would be so many other clubs interested, probably ones better placed than us.

4 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Jack, AEG, Young, Ramsey, Buendia, Traore and an expected increase in chances for both Carney and Philogene-Bidace or they'll both be off. Then Trez is still on the books too despite his injury.

LW: Jack, AEG, Young

CAM: JJ, Carney

RW: Buendia, Traore, JPB (and Trez).

We need a CAM but we no longer need bodies on the wings. If we want to upgrade someone, fine but we'll need to sell AEG. (Nobody is buying Trez until Jan or next summer)

Ramsey is more of a CM in the Bellingham mold at this point. He doesn't have the incisive passes or the dribbling skills to really be a 10. Carney and JPB are too young to count on. And they along with Ramsey should be sent out on loan. 

We have 4 proper players for the 3 positions. Young can be depth but he shouldn't be among our first options. Or our 2nd option really. I personally think Jack should play in the middle and we need a LW, others think vice-versa but either way it is obvious we still need one more first teamer for that front 3 at the moment.

42 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

slightly concerned that we’re losing Grealish and getting the replacements in beforehand.

If we are then it’s exactly the right thing to do. Even if the gap between the latter and the former is five years it’s still the right thing to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Doubt it would be a 4yr deal, they seem mainly to be 5?

He is 26 so 4 years seems pretty realistic. You don't want to have a player contracted for too long after 30. So you get to 28 and you can judge how much he will regress etc and give him an extension. 

I doubt it has happened though

Edit: Thought I was in the Ward-Prowse thread. Lol would be odd for a 4 year deal. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

The North London giants know very well he's going to sign a new contract with them, and are using our name to make it look like they've got one over us after the Martinez and Buendia business, when he does finally sign.

Even if Smith Rowe was to come out and declare his intentions to leave and they in their turn agreed to sell him, we'd stand little chance of signing him as there would be so many other clubs interested, probably ones better placed than us.

That’s the spirit lad, they’re giants, Villa aren’t ‘well placed’ (?), other clubs, etc. 

I reckon it’s a long shot that he leaves at all, but if his head has been turned then it looks to be in the direction of B6. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

He is 26 so 4 years seems pretty realistic. You don't want to have a player contracted for too long after 30. So you get to 28 and you can judge how much he will regress etc and give him an extension. 

I doubt it has happened though

I do love how you post with such conviction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

LOL

One of the replies to that tweet, simple but funny........

"Sorry to ask as I know Journos might find it offensive but how reliable are you?? Don't want to get my hopes up"

Just to piggy back on this anyone know how reliable Kicker are. As apparently he is their English sports correspondent.