Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

1 hour ago, useless said:

The whole Arsenal thing is becoming annoying now, reminds me of the way Wolves fans suddenly started gloating and acting like they'd overtaken us in size just because they'd finished above us for a few seasons in a row.

We haven't even finished above Arsenal, we haven't even finished in the top half of the premier league in over ten years, whereas Arsenal haven't finished outside the top eight since 1994/95 season, the last time we won a trophy was the 1995/96 season, since then Arsenal have won the premier league three times and the FA Cup eight times.

People probably should pick their fights more carefully, as they'll probably finish above us once again next season, and all this goading of their fans will look pretty silly, or at least wait until we've actually achieved something.

It’s just banter, and everyone knows it.

The pure fact that we can even goad their fans is testament to how far we’ve come.

To goad them once we have overtaken them is  when it really would be classless and arrogant.  To do it now is just a bit of fun.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

The pure fact that we can even goad their fans is testament to how far we’ve come.

To goad them once we have overtaken them is  when it really would be classless and arrogant.  To do it now is just a bit of fun.

Anybody want to join my new club?

Society GIF by DJOW MUSIC

1 hour ago, useless said:

The whole Arsenal thing is becoming annoying now, reminds me of the way Wolves fans suddenly started gloating and acting like they'd overtaken us in size just because they'd finished above us for a few seasons in a row.

We haven't even finished above Arsenal, we haven't even finished in the top half of the premier league in over ten years, whereas Arsenal haven't finished outside the top eight since 1994/95 season, the last time we won a trophy was the 1995/96 season, since then Arsenal have won the premier league three times and the FA Cup eight times.

People probably should pick their fights more carefully, as they'll probably finish above us once again next season, and all this goading of their fans will look pretty silly, or at least wait until we've actually achieved something.

I was with you all the way until the last paragraph. We'll finish above them. In fact if Grealish had stayed fit, we would have last season.

See that storm on the horizon? That's us.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Thug said:

We’d better get on with it then, we’re running out of time!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

As far as I can tell, it stems from their insistence that they can just swagger over and sign Grealish and we'll just let them. It's pure arrogance, unwarranted considering how things have been panning out for them since Wenger left.

In the last three games we've played against them they've barely even registered a shot, let alone scored a goal. We've bought their best GK, someone they developed and neglected for a full decade, for an absolute pittance. We've just pipped them to their number 1 target with an offer they couldn't even hope to match. Now we're gunning for their top youth talent, who is regarded by their fans in much the same way we always regarded Jack before he truly came good.

They must think of us as their bogey team at this point, a real sore point considering they were a major thorn in our side for years. Whether we're actually on their level or not is largely irrelevant.

Ultimately though, it's just fun to prod them knowing they'll actually react. When was the last time we had that sort of effect on a sky 6 fan base?

Arsenal have become a massively mediocre mid table side. They're the same staure now as a team like Everton. That's how football goes, you can't be on top forever, and their fans need to accept it. The problem they have with us though is going to be exasperated by the factv we are on the way up whilst they're middling. To most neutrals we might not be as big as Arsenal, but in a few years time I genuinely think we will be leaps and bounds ahead of them.

Emile might as well get on the express train, we will get him to where he wants to be.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Thug said:

Meanwhile, back on topic..

maybe if we buy him, and loan him back to them so that he can continue his development for a couple of seasons?

Thoughts?

Loan him to Brentford. 

Should have been in the England squad for the Euro’s as he’s very creative in the same way Gilmour was for Scotland.

Edited by striker
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Which arsenal forum please mate?

Off topic, and I can seem to find it mate myself mate, but a while back someone put a post in a other football thread with a link to every club’s biggest fans forums. 

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

I wonder what Smith Rowe is thinking as well.  His boyhood club cant even agree a new deal with him and it's been going for months and months but then this club that are full of youngsters and growing rapidly are doing everything they can to buy him (Villa).  I doubt that would turn his head but you never know if Arsenal are playing funny games with him or he's seeing he might not get as much game time as he would like based on their targets whereas he knows he would have a juicy role at Villa.

The probability is that his agent is just using us to get him a bigger contract at Arsenal but something isnt right because our guys are too savvy so maybe something in this.

Happened with one of our players in the not so distant past... He went on to win the league with Leicester

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thug said:

However... if it wasn’t for Aston Villa... The football league would never have existed...

Kind of like Creationist theory... except it can be proven...

Villa are, essentially, the God of football...

So that means, by all rights, we can do whatever the **** we want!

☺️

• Haha 1

This one was never likely to be happening anyway. As it stands there's not much evidence to say that Alvarez is happening either, seems a lot of people getting ahead of themselves.

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I imagine this one is not happening now that we seem to he pursuing alvarez.

Play in different positions though so I'm not convinced it's over

Edited by nick76

Just now, useless said:

This one was never likely to be happening anyway. As it stands there's not much evidence to say that Alvarez is happening either, seems a lot of people getting ahead of themselves.

schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

😉

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Play in different positions though so I'm not convinced it's over

They play in different positions but Buendia can play LW or CAM or RW and Jack can play LW or CAM and Traore can play RW or CAM. And El Ghazi can play LW and Alvarez can play RW, ST and has 2 goals and 5 assists in his 5 games as a LW or CAM.