Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

51 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Just been reading the Arsenal forum, there's an awful lot that seem to despise us I wonder why.

There a few on there forum that understand why were cherry picking certain players from them.

ESR would certainly grow under Smith, he develops players and not hides them from gameplay like Arsenal do.

Can we land the fella that's the big question, I would go all out for him just to pee the ones who keep calling us a small club off even more than they already are.

Good read on there forums for around 11 pages, also seen one of our resident Villans is on there telling them what for lol, still not storing the pot enough though he's not.

Come on Villa sign this lad he deserves a good home that will nurture his gifts even more.

Which arsenal forum please mate?

55 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Just been reading the Arsenal forum, there's an awful lot that seem to despise us I wonder why.

There a few on there forum that understand why were cherry picking certain players from them.

ESR would certainly grow under Smith, he develops players and not hides them from gameplay like Arsenal do.

Can we land the fella that's the big question, I would go all out for him just to pee the ones who keep calling us a small club off even more than they already are.

Good read on there forums for around 11 pages, also seen one of our resident Villans is on there telling them what for lol, still not storing the pot enough though he's not.

Come on Villa sign this lad he deserves a good home that will nurture his gifts even more.

I’d put money on it that it’s out of jealousy...

I still hate Man City for how they cherry picked us year-after-year which indirectly (yet I still managed to direct appropriate blame their way) led to our relegation...

Its happening to Arsenal...

A team who had recent history for not doing so well, struggling with relegation etc. gets ultra rich owners, starts being managed correctly and gets a bit of ambition after the addition of one of two good players...

Suddenly, we are cherry picking their players as they are logically the lowest hanging fruit and their players are more likely to want to leave them to join us rather than those at City and Chelsea...

And naturally, L’Arse fans don’t like it... They feel like they are being replaced and slipping into anonymity...

and they probably are... which is why they wanted to sign up to the Super League so badly so they could keep some warped sense of self-importance

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s class and he’ll only get better, he’ll only get better over the coming years, on top of that he’s beautiful I think 

It's non of my business really but why do you like to comment on if the player is good looking or not? I couldn't care less if they're good looking or not.

McGinn isn't the most blessed but his character is hilarious and a very good footballer. I'd rather him in my dressing room  than some narcissistic personality like Giroud. 

PS - I always like to read your comments as it's refreshing to hear someone be positive and nice to see you back on the forums - we all enjoy seeing back. Excited what Messi you see in our academy cause you got Grealish right. 

8 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

It's non of my business really but why do you like to comment on if the player is good looking or not? I couldn't care less if they're good looking or not.

McGinn isn't the most blessed but his character is hilarious and a very good footballer. I'd rather him in my dressing room  than some narcissistic personality like Giroud. 

PS - I always like to read your comments as it's refreshing to hear someone be positive and nice to see you back on the forums - we all enjoy seeing back. Excited what Messi you see in our academy cause you got Grealish right. 

In the same way someone might comment if they find a female attractive? The comments about the Home Alone actress yesterday being a case in point.

No smoke without fire. He is in contract negotiations with Arsenal and we tend to go about our business quietly. Out of character for our "bids" to be in the papers. 

I'm sure there is interest, but his agent is probably leaking / stoking the fire to increase his arsenal contract. 

If Arsenal continue to dither, then I'm sure we could step in, but I'm really not getting my hopes up. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

The whole Arsenal thing is becoming annoying now, reminds me of the way Wolves fans suddenly started gloating and acting like they'd overtaken us in size just because they'd finished above us for a few seasons in a row.

We haven't even finished above Arsenal, we haven't even finished in the top half of the premier league in over ten years, whereas Arsenal haven't finished outside the top eight since 1994/95 season, the last time we won a trophy was the 1995/96 season, since then Arsenal have won the premier league three times and the FA Cup eight times.

People probably should pick their fights more carefully, as they'll probably finish above us once again next season, and all this goading of their fans will look pretty silly, or at least wait until we've actually achieved something.

Nah, too much fun gassing Arsenal fans at the moment.  We know reality but it’s great that the almighty ESL club Arsenal are a little worried by little old Villa.  They are so full of themselves that a little nervousness should be humbling for them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, useless said:

The whole Arsenal thing is becoming annoying now, reminds me of the way Wolves fans suddenly started gloating and acting like they'd overtaken us in size just because they'd finished above us for a few seasons in a row.

We haven't even finished above Arsenal, we haven't even finished in the top half of the premier league in over ten years, whereas Arsenal haven't finished outside the top eight since 1994/95 season, the last time we won a trophy was the 1995/96 season, since then Arsenal have won the premier league three times and the FA Cup eight times.

People probably should pick their fights more carefully, as they'll probably finish above us once again next season, and all this goading of their fans will look pretty silly, or at least wait until we've actually achieved something.

100% this

I still think it's more likely that they get CL in the next 5 years than we do, they've got the footings for it whereas we haven't, they're underperforming with a bang average manager but they're still a massive club 

At some point kroenke can flip a switch and get interested again (or sell up...) and they would be a very different proposition 

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I’d agree that we haven’t got anything to gloat about yet. However the over reaction is largely coming from their side and probably the reason for any perceived gloating from our side. Most of us realise that we’re still only a the start of our journey. 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

100% this

I still think it's more likely that they get CL in the next 5 years than we do, they've got the footings for it whereas we haven't, they're underperforming with a bang average manager but they're still a massive club 

At some point kroenke can flip a switch and get interested again (or sell up...) and they would be a very different proposition 

All very true but the longer they are out of the top four and Champions League the weaker they become.  I’ve just looked the last five years and they’ve been 5,6,5,8 and 8th in the league…with the money they spend and lack of CL money coming in they are weakening the club and now huge debts it allows other clubs to move in and try to establish themselves like Leicester have.

So yes they may do what you said but if we continue growing we could take advantage.  A massive if but they are struggling and not look like they are changing any time soon whereas we are progressing, who knows. In the meantime gassing them is fun!

20 minutes ago, useless said:

Angry Buffy The Vampire Slayer GIF

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, nick76 said:

All very true but the longer they are out of the top four and Champions League the weaker they become.  I’ve just looked the last five years and they’ve been 5,6,5,8 and 8th in the league…with the money they spend and lack of CL money coming in they are weakening the club and now huge debts it allows other clubs to move in and try to establish themselves like Leicester have.

So yes they may do what you said but if we continue growing we could take advantage.  A massive if but they are struggling and not look like they are changing any time soon whereas we are progressing, who knows. In the meantime gassing them is fun!

If as a result of our bid they have to spend 3 or 4 times more on a new contract for ESR, at a time they have little money to spend, then they’re no further forward but with a reduced wage budget for the new signings they need to progress. 

Heads we win, tails they lose. 

• Like 2

The bigger story behind this I think is that Arsenal are in some trouble financially, Spurs too - all the smoke is pointing that way. I hope we get ESR, if we do I expect we will see a mahoosive spotlight on Arsenal's finances.

11 minutes ago, Awol said:

If as a result of our bid they have to spend 3 or 4 times more on a new contract for ESR, at a time they have little money to spend, then they’re no further forward but with a reduced wage budget for the new signings they need to progress. 

Heads we win, tails they lose. 

I wonder what Smith Rowe is thinking as well.  His boyhood club cant even agree a new deal with him and it's been going for months and months but then this club that are full of youngsters and growing rapidly are doing everything they can to buy him (Villa).  I doubt that would turn his head but you never know if Arsenal are playing funny games with him or he's seeing he might not get as much game time as he would like based on their targets whereas he knows he would have a juicy role at Villa.

The probability is that his agent is just using us to get him a bigger contract at Arsenal but something isnt right because our guys are too savvy so maybe something in this.

1 hour ago, useless said:

I would not be at all surprised if we finish above them next season.

Re the Arsenal thing , m8 at work is a die hard gooner. So recently he asked me where I'm going after work as the lads wanted to have a game at powerleague. I said I can't play as I'm going to see the champions League trophy and I want to hold it. 

He says "yuck you're going to United?"

"Nope" I retorted  - "Villa Park you fool..."

The sad puppy dog eyes look on his face was worth the set up. I hammered home 12 goals past him later on as he plays in goal.

Hook line and sinker!

• Like 3