Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

The player could force a move if he really wanted to. Jack Grealish is his hero after all. It may well be that the speculative (i.e. weak) bid was a signal of intent to rock the boat a bit, see if he fancied jumping overboard into our life raft.

If we really really wanted him, and he wanted to come, it’s now or never basically. This is a big decision for him and it doesn’t seem that crazy to me tbh.

10 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why is he getting limited playing time next season? I haven’t looked into my crystal ball yet.........

He is 4th choice for a wide forward position..... it doesn't take Mystic Meg to work out he isn't getting on the pitch much next year, he also isn't going to be getting double figures in goals again.

• Confused 1

Was on VT earlier and my Mrs had a go at me for being on my phone. Spent a good 5 mins trying to explain why signing ESR would be such a significant moment for the Villa but she just didn't get it... Can't see this one happening but would love it to come off, and still feels like a turning point that were even making a bid like this 

• Like 3

What if this is a smoke screen, and we actually are getting Saka from Arsenal. Both he and Jack are praising each other regularly during England interviews. (And yes I’m fully aware this won’t be happening but be fun to destroy arsenal)

20 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What if this is a smoke screen, and we actually are getting Saka from Arsenal. Both he and Jack are praising each other regularly during England interviews. (And yes I’m fully aware this won’t be happening but be fun to destroy arsenal)

Or maybe Arsenal are signing Grealish.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

He is 4th choice for a wide forward position..... it doesn't take Mystic Meg to work out he isn't getting on the pitch much next year, he also isn't going to be getting double figures in goals again.

Okay cool.

Let us know the lottery numbers for next week too please, could do with a few million quid at the moment.

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

We have no empirical evidence to suggest that Meg was intelligent. She was just blessed with the gift of foresight (**** bullshit)

• Haha 1

On 20/06/2021 at 01:39, icouldtelltheworld said:

Was on VT earlier and my Mrs had a go at me for being on my phone. Spent a good 5 mins trying to explain why signing ESR would be such a significant moment for the Villa but she just didn't get it... Can't see this one happening but would love it to come off, and still feels like a turning point that were even making a bid like this 

Lock her under the stairs until she does get it

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Well if we're ready, why don't we just do it? 

maybe some last minute finishing touches on the bid before we launch ? 

On 20/06/2021 at 10:06, bannedfromHandV said:

Okay cool.

Let us know the lottery numbers for next week too please, could do with a few million quid at the moment.

Are you going to buy us Saka with your winnings? 

11 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I think they’re still deciding whether the offer is to be “slapped in”, or if it will actually be a “cheeky bid”. 

How about we prepare a cheeky slap? 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I think they’re still deciding whether the offer is to be “slapped in”, or if it will actually be a “cheeky bid”. 

The first bid was "cheeky", so in the natural order of things "slapping it in" will be next (remember we have to launch it first)...

Edited by Steero113