Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

Rumours on Twitter Arsenal have put in a bid for Maddison. If Villa had wind of this it would make sense why we would go in for ESR, they need funds and ESR wants guarantees of first team football.

Still don’t think it will happen.

How dare we try to leapfrog Spurs and Arsenal, two European Super League contenders before it was tragically stripped away from their greedy prick owners.

We’re not a big a club because we’ve not won anything since English football started, which I’m guessing is around the time Wenger started managing Arsenal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

How dare we try to leapfrog Spurs and Arsenal, two European Super League contenders before it was tragically stripped away from their greedy prick owners.

We’re not a big a club because we’ve not won anything since English football started, which I’m guessing is around the time Wenger started managing Arsenal.

Inside The Nba Lol GIF by NBA on TNT

Wonder how much they genuinely value him at? Baring in mind he’s got 2 years left on his contract and let’s be honest, you look at us and Arsenal, there’s only one team there that’s showing improvement and ambition season on season. 

6 minutes ago, MCU said:

Wonder how much they genuinely value him at? Baring in mind he’s got 2 years left on his contract and let’s be honest, you look at us and Arsenal, there’s only one team there that’s showing improvement and ambition season on season. 

Home grown youngsters always command more of a fee tbh.

I'm rather confused by the entire bid. You can't really fake a bid, so assuming it's been made you have to think:

1) ESR have actually told us he wouldn't mind jumping ship. You rarely bother making bids for high value targets unless there's some traction to indicate interest on the other side.

2) We are aware Arsenal are tight for money and are considering this to be an opportunity to force them to spend money they don't have on his contract, and thus they will be less of competition for other players. 

3) Someone on our end is off.

4) Grealish's injury is a concern and we want extra depth.

I dunno. The entire story seems odd.

What makes it even more odd to me is the size of the bid. £ 25 million is nowt for a young English players of that talent. Especially after blowing £ 35 million on a championship CAM. Realistically even with 2 years left on his contract, you're looking at £ 50 million at the bare minimum. So what's the point of making a public ridiculous offer. I really don't get it.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Since 92.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm rather confused by the entire bid. You can't really fake a bid, so assuming it's been made you have to think:

1) ESR have actually told us he wouldn't mind jumping ship. You rarely bother making bids for high value targets unless there's some traction to indicate interest on the other side.

2) We are aware Arsenal are tight for money and are considering this to be an opportunity to force them to spend money they don't have on his contract, and thus they will be less of competition for other players. 

3) Someone on our end is off.

4) Grealish's injury is a concern and we want extra depth.

I dunno. The entire story seems odd.

What makes it even more odd to me is the size of the bid. £ 25 million is nowt for a young English players of that talent. Especially after blowing £ 35 million on a championship CAM. Realistically even with 2 years left on his contract, you're looking at £ 50 million at the bare minimum. So what's the point of making a public ridiculous offer. I really don't get it.

5) We knew they were going to go for Maddison, made a speculative offer to turn heads on the off chance they needed the money. Nobody ever says yes to a first bid. Always a possibility Arsenal go back for Ødegaard too, if they get one of those ESR is second choice with a limited contract and now knows we're interested. A second big may yet come.

Buendia: not a CAM. Played every game RW last year. His defensive attributes are a big plus over Traore, he won't play as a 10.

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Why the f*** would Maddison want to join Arsenal? 

Next season is going to make or break chances for the World Cup squad. Maddison is a very good player who isn't even in the conversation for England at the minute. He might see a £60-80m move as his way to break into the squad.

Money also I suppose. But it would be a weird move. He should have a better chance at the big games at Leicester and therefore better chance for England but he needs to do something to get into the squad I suppose.

We are calling their bluff, or rather forcing them to prove to ESR just how much they actually believe in him and rate him.

They're obviously trying to sign a big money player for the same position he's aspiring to in the team. If it's not Ödegaard then it's Maddison, (Grealish :crylaugh:) , Fekir, or Coutinho.

Now all top teams need competition for places but where does this leave ESR? Doesn't seem like they have him in their immediate plans