Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t worry, we’re signing Young  🤦‍♂️

I don't think young is a good enough LW to justify going into the season with 4 players who primarily play in those positions. There was a reason he was moved to LB and LWB and not stayed as a full time left winger. 

57 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah for sure. If Buendia is more of a RW then this makes more sense and might actually mean we're after a CAM. It might actually have legs. 

But assuming we sign ESR or another CAM, it surely means Trez is off or AEG. There's no way we will be sitting with that good first team options, Traore in depth and AEG/Trez + youngsters that are very talented. 

Well since trezeguet is out injured for half the season we probably won't be selling either until the summer. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

I don't think young is a good enough

That’s all you had to say…

Not the worst backup for our wingers but no longevity.

Can’t see him being an asset in defence, not in this league, against these players.

14 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Well since trezeguet is out injured for half the season we probably won't be selling either until the summer. 

Yeah, I just mean it reads like either AEG or Trez are done here either way.

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think it will be trez. I like him as a player but effort and hustle only gets you so far. And it seems like we have replaced that energy with Buendia who had real quality. El ghazi has a lot more talent than trez and works hard as well. Plus he can pull a rabbit out of the hat in terms of getting a goal which trez won't do. I think it makes him more valuable as a squad player. That and Trez is coming off an ACL which as we know is ahrd to recover from. 

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I think it will be trez. I like him as a player but effort and hustle only gets you so far. And it seems like we have replaced that energy with Buendia who had real quality. El ghazi has a lot more talent than trez and works hard as well. Plus he can pull a rabbit out of the hat in terms of getting a goal which trez won't do. I think it makes him more valuable as a squad player. That and Trez is coming off an ACL which as we know is ahrd to recover from. 

Genuinly think they are both so shit it comes down to who is most liked in the dressing room and has the least wages. 

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Genuinly think they are both so shit it comes down to who is most liked in the dressing room and has the least wages. 

I agree on trez but El ghazi as put in some performances we needed back end of the season - Squad player at best nothing more.

The bid for him feels a bit like early days of City , Lescott , Bellamy, Given looked like sideways moves , then later Sanga and Vieira , Clichy but all proved to be a step up in the long run. I don’t recall many asking who the hell Man City thought they where at the time? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The talk about Buendia as a CAM has meant the reality that Trez's time here is already done has gone under the radar.

Trez played RW for us more often than not. Buendia starts on the right, Traore backs up. JPB is the young option off the bench. 

Maybe Traore goes central, then there might be room for Trez as backup to Buendia. But can't see it. His time here is done..

Edited by HalfTimePost

I think ESR would be a very good signing. I'm not sure Arsenal would accept or not, but hopefully with them wanting White, it would give us a chance that they might sell ESR by 25-30m. That would make it 60-65m for 3 players. If we could get Sarr and Edouard as well, for around 35, that would make it 95-100m. We'd have given ourselves a good chance into competing for Europe. Do that, and sell Hourihane, Wesley, Trez for 25-30m. If we're getting a defender, we could as well sell Engels for a reasonable price. We could generate around 30m out of offloading these players. Which would make our net spend around 60m.

Thing is we have Grealish and Young that can play on the left now, with Buendia and Traore on the right. We really need a CAM and Smith-Rowe would be perfect for that I think.

Then bring in Edouard, Sarr and Ward-Prowse and we would have a fantastic squad.

It is a lot to bring in for one window but if the rumours are true that our owners want to take advantage of other clubs financial issues then it could be possible.

Was a shot across the bow to scare them and others … Or will we go back with a £30Million + hard cash bid until they cave ?

Is he worth more than Buendia money?

If they think he’s that good and has that much potential, then I really don’t care about the fee. And IF it were to happen then It will be calculated & balanced move made by structured process run by seemingly the right team of people & data and not an owners driven fan appeasing vanity signing. 

Edited by thabucks

On 17/06/2021 at 23:23, abdulaziz1 said:

and sell Hourihane, Wesley, Trez for 25-30m

You’re a hell of a salesman if you can get that kind of money for those three. Trezuget is injured and at his age no guarantee he’ll come back. Wes we don’t know if he’ll come back and wasn’t really ripping up any trees before his injury.  Connor has been decent for us but is now essentially a Championship player. Worse case scenario we could end up getting nothing for any of them. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You’re a hell of a salesman if you can get that kind of money for those three. Trezuget is injured and at his age no guarantee he’ll come back. Wes we don’t know if he’ll come back and wasn’t really ripping up any trees before his injury.  Connor has been decent for us but is now essentially a Championship player. Worse case scenario we could end up getting nothing for any of them. 

I don't think 25m is unrealistic. An injured Trez would easily get you 5-7m (could even be a bit higher). Hourihane would cost around 3-5m. Then Wesley could get 12-15. So I don't think it's impossible to get that amount. Now we're selling Engels (I don't think he'd get us more than what we've paid for him, but we could replace him with a similar cost).

39 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don't think 25m is unrealistic. An injured Trez would easily get you 5-7m (could even be a bit higher). Hourihane would cost around 3-5m. Then Wesley could get 12-15. So I don't think it's impossible to get that amount. Now we're selling Engels (I don't think he'd get us more than what we've paid for him, but we could replace him with a similar cost).

I’d be surprised if we could get money for either Trez or Wes at the moment. Not sure somebody is going to buy a player in Trez that has a torn ACL two months ago before knowing if they get back to fitness.  

Wes also has been out for 18 months and has had only a few minutes and we still know very little.  I can’t see anybody coming knocking for either of those, especially at the figures you are saying. Fitness will be the hindering point of selling them this summer because of their medical futures.

Hourihane at 30 with 1 year left on his contract.  Who knows what we’d get for that, I guess it’s whose interest but anyway between 1-3m I would guess, can’t imagine getting 5m to be honest.

To be building up money from selling you would have to be looking at selling players like Davis, El Ghazi, Hause that have some value, aren’t recovering from serious injuries and have life in their contracts.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

On 18/06/2021 at 07:30, HalfTimePost said:

The talk about Buendia as a CAM has meant the reality that Trez's time here is already done has gone under the radar.

Trez played RW for us more often than not. Buendia starts on the right, Traore backs up. JPB is the young option off the bench. 

Maybe Traore goes central, then there might be room for Trez as backup to Buendia. But can't see it. His time here is done..

Buendia may very well start on the right.

The fact that that is guarantee is a bit of an unknown though. As a right footer he’d be more likely to play on the left. I also have a feeling we will play him centrally and rotate through those wing positions due to the attributes he brings - good passing, good ball retention, good long shot and good defensive attributes.