Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

On 17/06/2021 at 23:47, jacketspuds said:

Thing is we have Grealish and Young that can play on the left now, with Buendia and Traore on the right. We really need a CAM and Smith-Rowe would be perfect for that I think.

Then bring in Edouard, Sarr and Ward-Prowse and we would have a fantastic squad.

It is a lot to bring in for one window but if the rumours are true that our owners want to take advantage of other clubs financial issues then it could be possible.

That’s probably 140 million ….

4 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

You’re a hell of a salesman if you can get that kind of money for those three. Trezuget is injured and at his age no guarantee he’ll come back. Wes we don’t know if he’ll come back and wasn’t really ripping up any trees before his injury.  Connor has been decent for us but is now essentially a Championship player. Worse case scenario we could end up getting nothing for any of them. 

It’s generous to call that idea one hell of a salesman 

one will go for a few million, the other is injured for pretty much all of next season and the last one was injured for nearly a year and a half.

in other words you could sell Conor for 3 million maybe 5 and that’s it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’d be surprised if we could get money for either Trez or Wes at the moment. Not sure somebody is going to buy a player in Trez that has a torn ACL two months ago before knowing if they get back to fitness.  

Wes also has been out for 18 months and has had only a few minutes and we still know very little.  I can’t see anybody coming knocking for either of those, especially at the figures you are saying. Fitness will be the hindering point of selling them this summer because of their medical futures.

Hourihane at 30 with 1 year left on his contract.  Who knows what we’d get for that, I guess it’s whose interest but anyway between 1-3m I would guess, can’t imagine getting 5m to be honest.

To be building up money from selling you would have to be looking at selling players like Davis, El Ghazi, Hause that have some value, aren’t recovering from serious injuries and have life in their contracts.

Yep El Ghazi is the major saleable asset, we need to offer him a new contract or sell him anyway as he has 2 years left.

His stock won’t be as high next summer with limited playing time as well next season.

Best to get rid and replace him with someone who plays as a 10 as well as an option out wide.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

Unless Smith Rowe really throws his toys out of the pram to force the move, there is no way Arsenal will let him go.

The Buendia affair and super league fall out means their fans are already in riot mode.

But if he doesn't sign a new deal he's practically gone in 12 months, for feck all. 

Talk he's only on 20k a week at Arsenal so no wonder we're sniffing, could treble that no trouble and he would still be below Grealish and probably likes of Buendia in pay grade.

Wonder what Arsenal are actually offering him given they pay ridiculous amounts to Aubameyang and Willian.

Edited by VillaChris

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

Yep El Ghazi is the major saleable asset, we need to offer him a new contract or sell him anyway as he has 2 years left.

His stock won’t be as high next summer with limited playing time as well next season.

Best to get rid and replace him with someone who plays as a 10 as well as an option out wide.

Why is he getting limited playing time next season? I haven’t looked into my crystal ball yet.........

• Like 2

I do hope we go back with another bid - this is the next level signing been waiting for - signing a top prospect from a traditional sky 6 team would be the biggest statement so far from NSWE 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

My source said we’re getting ready to table it… so not sure if that’s before we launch or after we swoop

Hopefully Arsenal have braced themselves for any bid from us, or it can get ugly fast. Or so I'm led to think, because why else would one need to brace oneself?

• Haha 1