Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

4 minutes ago, Enda said:

Inexperienced 20 years old with less than a one PL season under his belt, a very risky gamble, versus a 23 year old whose record is already better than Ollie’s?

Not mad, no. An element of playing devil’s advocate against the narrative here yeah maybe, but not mad at all.

to me it seems like one would be regularly starting for us vs one who wouldn't be regularly starting 

17 minutes ago, Mr.Messy said:

Nobody knows anything about ESM. Who?

Sadly I’m so indoctrinated by work that I automatically typed out the abbreviation for “Equitable Share Mortgage”…

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

How many offers will Villa make before walking away? Three rejected bids would seem the end of it. Hopefully this mooted 32.5 bid with probable add-ons seals it.

It's the 5th of July, 2.5 weeks to pre-seasons and likely 4 weeks before tournament players are back with squads. And 5/6 weeks till the first game.

Window closes on 31st August.

Plenty of time yet. Most clubs haven't made their 1st signing, no need to go to Plan B just yet

• Like 1

He turned Arsenal's season around was one of their best players last season and is one of the best English players in his age group of his type, perhaps only Foden is better.

Plays a different position to Grealish.

Mirror not a very reliable source.

Ornstein or Percy would have reported a third biad as they've been first with news on this story up until now...

But we very well may put in another bid, but would wait for someone more reliable to report it before believing it.

45 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

But What if we had:

Watkins

Grealish-Buendia-Traore

ESR

Luiz

I bet Targett, Mings, Konsa, Cash & Martinez cant wait to have that in front of them 😂

• Haha 4

I've only seen it in the Mirror, so it's probably horseshit.

But as others have said - if we're going back with a 3rd bid, then we clearly know something.

Plus - with the relatively small increments, (25m---30m---32.5m), it would seem we know a lot.

And frankly, it is a lot of fun. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Enda said:

Inexperienced 20 years old with less than a one PL season under his belt, a very risky gamble, versus a 23 year old whose record is already better than Ollie’s?

Not mad, no. An element of playing devil’s advocate against the narrative here yeah maybe, but not mad at all.

If Tottenham had stumped up £25 million a few seasons back they would have probably won the league with Grealish. 

If ESR comes good no one is going to care we over paid when he was 20. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tottenham did offer to buy Grealish for £25m but we turned it down, the £3m plus Onomah thing was earlier in the summer when they knew we desperate, but when NSWE came in they made a more serious bid, but for some reason people seem to forget that, presumably because the Onomah has become so infamous that people tend to remember it more than the second bid...

'Tottenham have made a £25m bid for Aston Villa's Jack Grealish, according to Sky sources.

It is understood Spurs are awaiting response from Steve Bruce's Villa.'

Sky

And it definitely happend because Grealish said after that he was disappointed not have gotten the chance to play Champions League football, whilst also adding that he was happy to stay with us of course... Have to remember we were a championship club back then.

Edited by useless

19 minutes ago, useless said:

He turned Arsenal's season around was one of their best players last season and is one of the best English players in his age group of his type, perhaps only Foden is better.

Plays a different position to Grealish.

Mirror not a very reliable source.

Ornstein or Percy would have reported a third biad as they've been first with news on this story up until now...

But we very well may put in another bid, but would wait for someone more reliable to report it before believing it.

He can play on the left or the middle. Same as Jack.

15 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

If Tottenham had stumped up £25 million a few seasons back they would have probably won the league with Grealish. 

Of course if ESR is the next Grealish then obviously 30m is a snip, but that’s a big if.

15 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

people thought we overpaid for mings

people thought we overpaid for watkins

i trust those in charge of our club that they'll get this right too if it goes through. people will think we've overpaid, but we'll prove them wrong yet again

• Like 4

He almost always plays through the middle, not sure what this obssesion is with our fans of thinking we're signing players to play somewhere completely different to where they usually play. Smith Rowe would be a replacement for Barkley, if we signed Smith Rowe and Grealish was to leave then we'd still sign another player to replace Grealish on that left hand side.

• Like 2

The fact we are bidding multiple times for ESR suggests our scouting team are really excited about him. I hope we can pull this off as they have a pretty good hit rate so far on our signings. I didn't watch Arsenal enough this year to form an opinion on him personally. Arsenal were one of the few teams I would actively switch off (along with Wolves) as their style is just so unwatchable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh lol. I know it sounds mad but they are such similar players and play in the same position! 

ESR would be a statement signing and maybe the club thinks it will soften the blow of Jack leaving?

Please don’t all attack me for thinking this. 

They really aren't at all similar if you look at their stats. Jack is a far superior dribbler and much better at the final ball but Smith Rowe is more about build up play and interconnecting the team. Like they have some similarities but as do all all chance Creating attacking midfielders. Surely since we signed buendia who is much more similar to Jack that means Grealish is off? 

Our biggest issue last season was creativity when Jack was injured. We're rectifying that by attempting to sign ESR after signing Buendia. Just because we're signing creative players, it doesn't mean Jack is being sold. We're simply resolving the biggest problem of last season. 

16 minutes ago, useless said:

Tottenham did offer to buy Grealish for £25m but we turned it down, the £3m plus Onomah thing was earlier in the summer when they knew we desperate, but when NSWE came in they made a more serious bid, but for some reason people seem to forget that, presumably because the Onomah has become so infamous that people tend to remember it more than the second bid...

'Tottenham have made a £25m bid for Aston Villa's Jack Grealish, according to Sky sources.

It is understood Spurs are awaiting response from Steve Bruce's Villa.'

Sky

And it definitely happend because Grealish said after that he was disappointed not have gotten the chance to play Champions League football, whilst also adding that he was happy to stay with us of course... Have to remember we were a championship club back then.

They waited until we were no longer in trouble to make the bid. If they had stumped up the 25 million initially they'd have had him. 

6 minutes ago, useless said:

He almost always plays through the middle, not sure what this obssesion is with our fans of thinking we're signing players to play somewhere completely different to where they usually play. Smith Rowe would be a replacement for Barkley, if we signed Smith Rowe and Grealish was to leave then we'd still sign another player to replace Grealish on that left hand side.

Smith Rowe played a few times out left. Not that many but a few. I think it is reasonable to think he could play there. Once odegaard joined arsenal he played a number of games through the centre and fired ESR to play as a LW. 

• Like 1