Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

29 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m very sorry and don’t mean to be nasty… but I hope Trez never gets near this team again. Good lad and hard worker but we need to advance beyond such limited players. Not against keeping him in the squad but I think it’s best if we get him fit and move him on…

Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones

Both Ghazi and Trez should be phazed out, come next window we should be really selling them if we're a progressing team on the up. Keeping both would be just admitting that were accepting to be happy anywhere we position and be one of the numbers.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Both Ghazi and Trez should be phazed out, come next window we should be really selling them if we're a progressing team on the up. Keeping both would be just admitting that were accepting to be happy anywhere we position and be one of the numbers.

Yup, good servants, and we can maybe keep one as an option, probably El Ghazi I think, but if either of them get regular time something has gone very wrong. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because he is a very similar player to Jack. If we are that adamant to sign him I think it means Jack is off. 

To be clear, you don't want us to sign another creative player because you're afraid it will mean Grealish is off? 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because he is a very similar player to Jack. If we are that adamant to sign him I think it means Jack is off. 

Ross Barkley left at the end of his loan and we've not replaced him, a player in that 10 position who can rotate with Buendia and Jack mid game seems to be the core focus of the clubs transfers this summer. This attempted signing means nothing in relation to Jack other than we are improving our team to be as competitive as possible next season.

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

To be clear, you don't want us to sign another creative player because you're afraid it will mean Grealish is off? 

Yeh lol. I know it sounds mad but they are such similar players and play in the same position! 

ESR would be a statement signing and maybe the club thinks it will soften the blow of Jack leaving?

Please don’t all attack me for thinking this. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

Ross Barkley left at the end of his loan and we've not replaced him, a player in that 10 position who can rotate with Buendia and Jack mid game seems to be the core focus of the clubs transfers this summer. This attempted signing means nothing in relation to Jack other than we are improving our team to be as competitive as possible next season.

Hope you’re right. 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think there must be a few things at play here. How keen we are to sign the player, Arsenals unwillingness to meet the players salary demands (Arsenal have a serious wage problem, supposed to be 5th highest in League) and the player himself must be keen to play with Grealish and at Villa. Add to this we are a cash rich club, as in we are owed nothing in terms of revenue instalments from player sales etc.. and we have cash in the bank to spend. Like with Buendia the money was up front and in this case I'm sure Arsenal will be paid up front. This might be key for them as it gives them more flexibility in terms their new signings.

Smith Rowe has had half a season of Prem football and came though tier academy. To the balance sheet they net the entire sale price the day they receive the cash. As opposed to a player they bought who is amortised over their contract length along with their salary. This is also a factor at play.

There is no way we're going back with a 3rd bid if Arsenal themselves haven't given an indication they will sell. 

Good post. Agree with the last bit. Makes me laugh seeing Arsenal fans saying they wouldn’t even sell for 75m. Ok lads. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not really.

It's possible ESR, Jack can play in the same first eleven.

ESR can play CAM, LM and Central Midfield,there are options and keeping Jack can still be achieved. It maybe Jack will stay on the left and ESR plays CAM or the other way round.

I just think and would like it to be:

Watkins

Grealish-ESR-Buendia

OR

Watkins

ESR-Grealish-Buendia

But What if we had:

Watkins

Grealish-Buendia-Traore

ESR

Luiz

There are a few possibilitys right and I'm sure Smith is looking at everything.

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yup, good servants, and we can maybe keep one as an option, probably El Ghazi I think, but if either of them get regular time something has gone very wrong. 

I would much prefer Trez stay on and get rid of Ghazi but I guess it's going to come down to preference here. Reason why Trez is because if we do need some extra defence to see out some games then Trez fits but we will not be short on attack at all next season the way it's going.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh lol. I know it sounds mad but they are such similar players and play in the same position! 

ESR would be a statement signing and maybe the club thinks it will soften the blow of Jack leaving?

Please don’t all attack me for thinking this. 

They're similar in the way Buendia and Grealish are similar, I suppose, as in they're positionally versatile attacking midfielders. 

I'm not attacking you, but it's likely the club want another attacking mid/forward regardless of whether it's Smith Rowe or not? I don't think it being Smith Rowe makes it MORE likely Grealish will leave?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think there must be a few things at play here. How keen we are to sign the player, Arsenals unwillingness to meet the players salary demands (Arsenal have a serious wage problem, supposed to be 5th highest in League) and the player himself must be keen to play with Grealish and at Villa. Add to this we are a cash rich club, as in we are owed nothing in terms of revenue instalments from player sales etc.. and we have cash in the bank to spend. Like with Buendia the money was up front and in this case I'm sure Arsenal will be paid up front. This might be key for them as it gives them more flexibility in terms their new signings.

Smith Rowe has had half a season of Prem football and came though tier academy. To the balance sheet they net the entire sale price the day they receive the cash. As opposed to a player they bought who is amortised over their contract length along with their salary. This is also a factor at play.

There is no way we're going back with a 3rd bid if Arsenal themselves haven't given an indication they will sell. 

I think your reasoning is apt.

• Like 1