Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

On 02/07/2021 at 20:58, Lord Willard said:

I really really want him but it does scares me. 35m for someone with 20 odd appearances for Arsenal while being our most expensive transfer. 

Buendia at 33m has experience and stats and performances to back it up. Ollie Watkins @ 32m was top goal scorer in the Championship. 

Obviously I trust our recruitment but for 35m you could get some very good players. 

He is already a very good player and will get better.

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/07/04/report-aston-villa-really-think-arsenal-will-now-sell-emile-smith-rowe/%3famp

If they wouldn’t sell him at 30 mil, why would an extra 2 mil make the difference?

Im dying to know what the hell is going on behind the scenes on this one that is making us so confident.

Also, if we really were just spending the Grealish money, surely we’d just knock their socks off with an offer they couldn’t refuse, not these tiny increments.

My view is that Smith rowe must be interested in talking to us, and that we might believe arsenal need an up-front cash injection to get their summer transfer plans rolling.  Anything else doesn't make a great deal of sense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/07/04/report-aston-villa-really-think-arsenal-will-now-sell-emile-smith-rowe/%3famp

If they wouldn’t sell him at 30 mil, why would an extra 2 mil make the difference?

Im dying to know what the hell is going on behind the scenes on this one that is making us so confident.

Also, if we really were just spending the Grealish money, surely we’d just knock their socks off with an offer they couldn’t refuse, not these tiny increments.

Strange article. Reads like an editorial at the end.

On 02/07/2021 at 20:58, Lord Willard said:

I really really want him but it does scares me. 35m for someone with 20 odd appearances for Arsenal while being our most expensive transfer. 

Buendia at 33m has experience and stats and performances to back it up. Ollie Watkins @ 32m was top goal scorer in the Championship. 

Obviously I trust our recruitment but for 35m you could get some very good players. 

I keep thinking the same, I am also concerned by these reports of us yoyo'in back n forth with bids.

What makes this lad so special that we keep persisting like this?

Tell me he's better than Grealish and I'd understand, but if this was the case then he'd be playing every game for arsenal wouldn't he?

3 minutes ago, Adman said:

My view is that Smith rowe must be interested in talking to us, and that we might believe arsenal need an up-front cash injection to get their summer transfer plans rolling.  Anything else doesn't make a great deal of sense.

Villa are the more exciting team right now. There is so much negative energy and doubt at Arsenal. Unconvincing manager. Despised owner. Angsty supporters. Beaten to Buendia. Sold Martinez. Massive debt. It would be a very smart move for ESL.

We still need a replacement for Barkley if Buendia is going to more take over all Traore's minutes on the right from last season.

Given Trez won't be seen until 2022 we're down on the final three options we had from last September so if you want a serious cup run this year we need a bigger squad and one with reserves DS will actually use.

• Like 1

Just now, maqroll said:

Villa are the more exciting team right now. There is so much negative energy and doubt at Arsenal. Unconvincing manager. Despised owner. Angsty supporters. Beaten to Buendia. Sold Martinez. Massive debt. It would be a very smart move for ESL.

He probably wants to be played and paid more and we can probably offer that to him

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

English Super League?

• Shocked 1

22 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It's getting rather stupid now if these bids are right. Arsenal are not going to give him up are they?

I think it's obvious to Arsenal that we want the lad and they will hold out again and again.

If they do somehow give in third time I can see the papers coming out with the title of "Third time Lucky" or " If you don't succeed try, try and try again"

We should give up because to Arsenal fans were just making ourselves look stupid over this and I must say if we fail they are probably right.

Only way I seeing this working is if they go to ESRs agent and offer and unbelievable price to the point it most likely eclipses anything we already pay any of our existing stars, that would be very stupid to make that happen.

If he doesn't sign a new contract, this is the last summer than Arsenal have any power over the situation, next year ESR will hold all the cards and either take Arsenal to the cleaners or be able to choose who to get sold to at a cut price, and if he has a crap season, then £32.5m suddenly looks an amazing deal for Arsenal that they can't get anymore, so selling now when they can get a guaranteed fee may be appealing.

From experience, we know you should never let a player get in to the last year of their contract without renewing and that's the dilemma facing Arsenal if he doesn't accept their offer.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adman said:

He probably wants to be played and paid more and we can probably offer that to him

I hope that this is right but if we keep doing this it could end up being we destroy the wage structure at villa. It maybe he needs the right package for him to entice him but again it could unsettle what we pay our current stars at villa.

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

Until ESR signs a new contract there is a chance of this happening. I wonder if 32.5mil is enough to bring Aresnal to the table. 

Personally I think £40 million will be enough to get him, Arsenal need cash. Just depends if Villa are willing to pay it. 

Why isn't stevo the Villan causing a ruckus on the Arsenal site, he's letting down the side big time,  not enough trouble making going off.

I think I'm off to make an Arsenal account to stir the pot.

6 minutes ago, Creeper said:

I'd imagine it's like this?

So we have gone from increasing by 5 million to 2.5 million, you'd of thought that we just slap the whole price to 40 million and. E done without and hope that's the last time we ever have to bid.

I see us going back because we didn't do 35 million third time and putting a 4th bid in for just that, then fifth time will be 40 mill.

I bet whoever is on the phone taking the bids is getting ready to quit Arsenal, we are trying to help them get rid of more staff.

Edited by Dave-R