Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

I had no real opinion on this lad a few weeks ago, but signing him and finishing higher than Arsenal would make my **** year after the way those pricks are carrying on.

4 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Increasing the bid by 2.5m doesn’t make sense unless we were told that bid had a good chance of being accepted I would think. 

Probably makes a difference if the full fee is paid in one lump sum. 

How exactly does release clause work, is agent of the player allowed to make this information available to other clubs ? Feels very much like club believes a clause is in the region and are bidding with that in mind

41 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I feel like I want this to happen but have we honestly seen enough to justify around 35 million on this guy?

Absolutely this! 

Not even the folks who watch the arsenal kids play know the value of the player in a first team setting. 

Its an absolute gamble, anyone who says different is either his agent or his mom!

Edited by Nigel

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

We still need a replacement for Barkley if Buendia is going to more take over all Traore's minutes on the right from last season.

Given Trez won't be seen until 2022 we're down on the final three options we had from last September so if you want a serious cup run this year we need a bigger squad and one with reserves DS will actually use.

I’m very sorry and don’t mean to be nasty… but I hope Trez never gets near this team again. Good lad and hard worker but we need to advance beyond such limited players. Not against keeping him in the squad but I think it’s best if we get him fit and move him on…

Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

It's getting rather stupid now if these bids are right. Arsenal are not going to give him up are they?

I think it's obvious to Arsenal that we want the lad and they will hold out again and again.

If they do somehow give in third time I can see the papers coming out with the title of "Third time Lucky" or " If you don't succeed try, try and try again"

We should give up because to Arsenal fans were just making ourselves look stupid over this and I must say if we fail they are probably right.

Only way I seeing this working is if they go to ESRs agent and offer and unbelievable price to the point it most likely eclipses anything we already pay any of our existing stars, that would be very stupid to make that happen.

Why does failing to make a signing make us look stupid. Arsenal have most of the power in this situation. But they have also failed to negotiate a contract with ESR which could force their hand in terms of selling him. I suspect he will end up wing sold but maybe not to us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/07/04/report-aston-villa-really-think-arsenal-will-now-sell-emile-smith-rowe/%3famp

If they wouldn’t sell him at 30 mil, why would an extra 2 mil make the difference?

Im dying to know what the hell is going on behind the scenes on this one that is making us so confident.

Also, if we really were just spending the Grealish money, surely we’d just knock their socks off with an offer they couldn’t refuse, not these tiny increments.

We might have added more bonuses or offered a different payment structure. Say we offered it upfront. Arsenal need that so they can sign Ben White before he moves to Everton. Because that's the holdup in their deal with Brighton because they want the money upfront and arse refuse to pay that. 

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/07/04/report-aston-villa-really-think-arsenal-will-now-sell-emile-smith-rowe/%3famp

If they wouldn’t sell him at 30 mil, why would an extra 2 mil make the difference?

Im dying to know what the hell is going on behind the scenes on this one that is making us so confident.

Also, if we really were just spending the Grealish money, surely we’d just knock their socks off with an offer they couldn’t refuse, not these tiny increments.

Because, and I say this as someone with absolutely no experience in the area, let's assume Arsenal have a valuation (we don't know this number) of their player, and we want said player. We have bid 30 mill, Arsenal say "nah, you're alright thanks but we'll take 40 million". Arsenal are more than likely not naming the price that they would sell him for. It's probably somewhere in between those two numbers. It's just a standard negotiation tactic.

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We might have added more bonuses or offered a different payment structure. Say we offered it upfront. Arsenal need that so they can sign Ben White before he moves to Everton. Because that's the holdup in their deal with Brighton because they want the money upfront and arse refuse to pay that. 

Can't

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

Increasing the bid by 2.5m doesn’t make sense unless we were told that bid had a good chance of being accepted I would think. 

The pricing probably isn't the main draw of that bid. I imagine we have offered a different payment structuring, quite a chunk in bonuses etc. To make the deal more appealing without having to send out more guaranteed money on him.