Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

1 minute ago, useless said:

I believe that we're in for him as Percy and Ornstein are usually pretty reliable, I'd just doubt the sunday mirror's version of events.

I agree with you there.

If there is any truth to the figures ( Only 2.5 mill more ), could it actually just be changes in fee structures?

More up front, less add ons and a little bit more cash?

I'm guessing Villa won't want to go far above this amount.

Although when you think about it, we paid a potential 33 mill for a 24.25 year old striker from the Championship.

All about how badly we want the player I guess.

Arsenal must be desperate for cash,  signing up to get reemed in the ESL every week by superior teams smacked of desperation.  Assume after more covid whilst failing on the pitch, they remain even more desperate for liquid funds.  They are highly geared and a big £35mill up front cash injection will help them buy more overpriced garbage on huge salaries,  and allow us to take one of their best players.  Sweet

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

They cannot sell him to us.

The surely can't be that stupid.

laughs in Emi Martinez.

However, i do agree, for no other reason than once bitten, twice shy.....

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Edu

Kronke

Arteta

Three reasons why they could be that stupid.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I’m very sorry and don’t mean to be nasty… but I hope Trez never gets near this team again. Good lad and hard worker but we need to advance beyond such limited players. Not against keeping him in the squad but I think it’s best if we get him fit and move him on…

Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones

No one is taking him on when he won't be playing for at least six months.

Don't have an issue with him getting fit for last three months and we bring him on for some games we're leading in. Would assume we'd move him on next season given he'd have one year left then so a few clubs in Turkish league who like him would be able to afford him then.

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yes they could and it’s starting to look like they are. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Obviously our recruitment team know something we dont know, which I hope is the case generally but they certainly arent mugs so there must be something there giving them hope more than just agents trying to increase ESRs salary from Arsenal.

its total bunce for them, him coming from the academy....that must be a big factor, if they are in need of spondulix.

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Business is Business....emotion don't come in to it at that level.

These guys don't look at it like we do.

Edited by TRO

They don't seem to grasp the consequences of not paying him well though. They'll have to try and get a replacement and hope they settle. Their current wage bill must be so mental that they can't do it, even if they want to. 

Arsenal seem between a rock and a hard place. It will cost them a fortune to get rid of their higher paid players who don't deliver and then they'll have to pay again for a replacement, all whilst seemingly owing hundreds of millions as it is. 

Basically, they're screwed either way, they'll scrape all they can out of us but payment up front would definitely sweeten the deal. If in fact we have bid a number of times already, they obviously haven't told us he's not going anywhere. 

It seems ever increasing like it could actually happen. I'm sure he'd much rather stay with Arsenal but if they've tied themselves in knots and can't give him what they and he would like then he's going to have to get it elsewhere and where better than a club who's all about building a younger side, who are only getting better and have owners with drive, vision and actual sense when it comes to running a club? 

Spread your wings, Emile, Arsenal will drag you down over time. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I’m starting to think they needed the super league idea to go ahead. Finances probably not in order? I think a lot of the so called “top clubs” are probably in a big financial hole. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

They don't seem to grasp the consequences of not paying him well though. They'll have to try and get a replacement and hope they settle. Their current wage bill must be so mental that they can't do it, even if they want to. 

Arsenal seem between a rock and a hard place. It will cost them a fortune to get rid of their higher paid players who don't deliver and then they'll have to pay again for a replacement, all whilst seemingly owing hundreds of millions as it is. 

Basically, they're screwed either way, they'll scrape all they can out of us but payment up front would definitely sweeten the deal. If in fact we have bid a number of times already, they obviously haven't told us he's not going anywhere. 

It seems ever increasing like it could actually happen. I'm sure he'd much rather stay with Arsenal but if they've tied themselves in knots and can't give him what they and he would like then he's going to have to get it elsewhere and where better than a club who's all about building a younger side, who are only getting better and have owners with drive, vision and actual sense when it comes to running a club? 

Spread your wings, Emile, Arsenal will drag you down over time. 

Really want this kid now, a dynamic young talent that will have the time to flourish and of course the cherry on the cake, the arsenal meltdown, ahhhhhh please let this happen.

• Like 2

He just seems next level, the speed of dribbling is outrageous at times and he doesn't seem to be as small as I thought he was. Can play wide or central. No wonder Arsenal fans are getting anxious and lashing out 😄

• Like 2

The longer this goes on, the more I start to believe that we will get him. Might even already be a case of Arsenal more or less resigned to having to let him go, trying to squeeze as much liquid cash out of the deal as possible.